Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #1  

Atchuuu

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 HSTC
Stopped by to look at the Mahindra 1526 today in order to compare it to the Kubota L2501. While at the dealership I also tested the 2538. Seems like a good upgrade in HP, weight and bucket size for just a few thousand dollars. Might just be in my head but it seemed to ride better too. So I figured I would do some research on TBN before making any decisions. Have a couple questions.

1. The 2538 engine is made by TYM. Never heard of them. I think I would prefer Kubota or Mitsubishi but just don't know. Worried a sub par engine might be why the 2538 is less than the 1538 with Mitsubishi engine.
2. The 2538 is only in HST which is my preference. PTO is independent but it seems like you have to push/pull/turn several levers/knobs to make this happen. Is this setup okay?
3. Read somewhere that there has been some leaking issues on the 2538. Have no idea if it is true or not but am interested in any issues concerns you have had with your 2538.

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #2  
The 2538 tractor is made by TYM but the engine is made by Mahindra. The 1538 is made by Mitsubishi but the engine is made by Mahindra. I’ve been looking at these as well and am leaning towards a 2538 or it’s replacement the 2638. I can’t help with real world experience. A number of folks on here have the 2538. Hopefully they will chime in.

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #3  
When I bought my last Branson (2016), the dealer had a TYM of the same size sitting next to it.....aka TYM-Branson association dealership.

Unsubstantiated rumor mill, and nothing heard to the contrary, is that TYM purchased Kukje mfg. of the Branson badge to get the Cummins engine license that Branson has. I think that's noteworthy as one of the main reasons the last 2 tractors I bought were Bransons was the fact that they had Cummins licensed engines.

If I am incorrect in passing on the rumored information, I'm sure someone with verifiable substantiation will chime in and set the record straight for all of us to reflect upon.

Cummins licensed engine numbers in my Bransons are B 3.3 NA in the 6530 and A1100N in the 2400. Checking the engine model number in your TYM will quickly verify if it has a Cummins installed.

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #4  
The 25 series and 15 series (not 1526) have Mahindra manufactured engines. Both of these series of tractors are manufactured by TYM and Mitsubishi respectively in Korea and Japan respective. They are shipped to India without engines where Mahindra installs the engine that is manufactured by them. I have a 1538 which has the same engine that the OP was asking about. So far so good for me. It’s a big displacement engine of about 170 cubic inches. It’s wet sleeved for ease of rebuilding and it’s very torquey. Uses Bosch common rail injection. No DPF or DEF for tier 4 which is a plus to me. Hope this helps.

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem
Thanks guys. No decision yet but I do like the 2538

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #6  
As Gov23 stated the 2538 tractor is made by TYM for Mahindra. It uses a Mahindra built engine. The TYM version of the same tractor uses a Yanmar engine for now. Who knows when they will switch over to the Kukje Cummins engine?

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #7  
When I bought my last Branson (2016), the dealer had a TYM of the same size sitting next to it.....aka TYM-Branson association dealership.

Unsubstantiated rumor mill, and nothing heard to the contrary, is that TYM purchased Kukje mfg. of the Branson badge to get the Cummins engine license that Branson has. I think that's noteworthy as one of the main reasons the last 2 tractors I bought were Bransons was the fact that they had Cummins licensed engines.

If I am incorrect in passing on the rumored information, I'm sure someone with verifiable substantiation will chime in and set the record straight for all of us to reflect upon.

Cummins licensed engine numbers in my Bransons are B 3.3 NA in the 6530 and A1100N in the 2400. Checking the engine model number in your TYM will quickly verify if it has a Cummins installed.

Not a rumor sir, the transaction closed in 2016 and they are producing joint models currently... ex. the Branson 1905 and TYM 194

Branson Tractors''' Parent Company Sold to TYM | 216-4-18 | Rural Lifestyle Dealer

/ Is the TYM engine on the 2538 a problem #8