Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb?

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #11  
So she just tried to twist it?

Silly woman, you push it in first.

Maybe she thought it was a screw cap?

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #13  
I don't know if this is relevant, but I wipe the bulb screw base with WD40 before I install it. Over the years I've had a couple bulbs be heck to remove. Now there is no problems and no squeaking when their going in or out.

Same here. WD40 or a thin coat of Fluid Film.

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #14  
Yup, WD40! A couple drops on the first bulb to go in the socket and they never squeak again. People say WD40 evaporates, but from the first bulbs in the house 20 years ago to today, that original couple drops still do the job.

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #15  
i lube my bulb bases with a thin smear of dielectric grease. makes for good oxidation free contacts and easy removal..

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #16  
Probably just tried to turn it the wrong way. She is probably not used to unscrewing.
Watched Mike Rowe do that when he was disassembling the train engine on Dirty Jobs.

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #17  
For 26 yrs, I have replaced light bulbs in our present home when they go bad. Then 1 day this summer we had a lady come over and help with some odd jobs in the house. She twisted off 3 bulb bases in the sockets in one day. All I can figure out that caused this, is, that I put inward pressure on the bulb while screwing out. Is it common removal procedure to just grab the bulb and turn left? I told my wife that I was 0 for 26 years and 2 women were 3 messed up in 1 day. She really did not think that was funny! LOL Ken Sweet

I don't know about correctness, but the breakage is an ego thing, all males have it, and it makes the light bulbs stick in the bases.

Only cure it is to do it your self!

cheers

Cal

/ Is there a "correct" way to remove a light bulb? #18  
I have never broken off a bulb in a house, but sure have busted a lot of 400W metal halide bulbs. Some the bases were so stuck I shattered the porcelain (or ceramic) housings trying to unscrew the bulb base with pliers.