Is there a "good" electric pressure washer?

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #21  
I also have had two electric pressure washers...different brands...I suppose I had to reach the " Shame on Me " point,,,Never again...both were absolute junk and not just did not work but broke on the first or second use and could not be repaired...I would not ever buy another...I found a gas model with a Honda engine at Sams Club and it works great...for about $100.00 more...

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #22  
I am not a fan for electric portable washers. Not enough GPM and too low pressure. I have a Honda powered unit that is 3 GPM and 2600 PSI and it does a decent job. I have used it for about 10 years. It usually starts on the first or second pull and the only maintenance it gets is an oil change annually. I keep Stabil in all my small engine driven machines and knock on wood, I seldom have a carburetor issue on any of them.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #23  
You guys must not need the power that I do. I think my first and only electric was 1600 PSI and it took forever to clean my concrete patio slab because you had to have the nozzle right on the concrete to clean it. I have a 2400 PSI gasoline powered one and many times wish for a 3000 PSI. About the only thing you can clean with 1400 psi might be dust off a smooth floor.

Really? My 1450 psi unit blasts pieces out of my wood deck with no trouble if I don't watch what I'm doing. Does a fine job of cleaning the crud off the deck, which is what I bought it for. Why would you need more pressure unless you are trying to clean the upper-floor siding from the ground?

Terry

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #24  
About the only thing you can clean with 1400 psi might be dust off a smooth floor. I would just as soon use a garden hose as use something that low pressured. Anything less than 2200 is a waste of effort. That is just my opinion and you know what opinions are just like____________ and everyone has one.

1400-1800 psi is generally 'paint safe'

when pressure cleaning a tractor or implement you don't want to blow paint off. 2400-3200 can blow paint off!!

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #25  
I've used my karcher 2.5/2400 gas for about five years and finally got fed up with handling 50' of the hp hose, the noise, and shutting down/restarting while hand washing. I won't let my powerwasher sit and run without flowing, so I'm always screwing around with it for small cleaning jobs. I knew I needed electric, and for most other things I overbuy. But for the electric powerwasher all I want to spray is bicycles and my lawnmower. I bought the karcher K-5 1.4/2000, nice light package with 25' of hp hose on a reel. It is only powerful enough to do the light cleaning I need, no more. I can see how they get a bad reputation if they are asked to do real work, the cheap electrics just can't do it. As with all else, you get what you pay for, and don't expect an electric under $300 to handle all of your cleaning needs. If you have to wash concrete or decks, either spend the G-note on a good electric, buy a "cheap" gasser, or rent one for the day.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #26  
I had a small Karcher years ago that did ok for small stuff. I lent it to a friend and he killed it by leaving it outside, hooked to a hose, in freezing weather.
I recently bought (2 years ago...) a Greenworks unit from Lowes
Shop Greenworks 1700-PSI 1.4-GPM Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com
It's only 1700 psi @ 1.4gpm, but it has been a great little unit. It does have standard fittings for other tips, hoses etc. Something that Karcher often does not.
Would I use this to clean a D9 Cat? :confused3: Probably not, but for most things I find it's just about the right size. I do wish it moved a little more water sometimes.

NV

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer?
Thanks for all the feedback! I do not use it very often, hosing off a small spot on a driveway or the siding, washing the mower or atv and that's about it. The simplicity, portability, and lack of maintainance is what makes an electric one so appealing.

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #28  
I wanted to add an update to this thread in case anyone finds it looking for a pressure washer. I commented earlier that I had purchased a Cam Spray electric unit that I'm very happy with:
is.jpeg

My experience today causes me to recommend that brand even more highly. I broke out my unit yesterday for the first time in a year, and found I could get low (garden hose) pressure but no high pressure water. After fiddling with it with no success, I called their tech support. They were busy, so I left a message on voice mail. No call back by this morning to I called again. Turns out I was so busy leaving the model numbers, etc., that I forgot to include my area code. The tech said he tried to find me on the Internet, but had no success so decided to wait until I called back. Where do you find tech support that tries to use the Internet to find you when you leave an incomplete message?

Anyway, he quickly diagnosed the issue as a clogged high-pressure orifice in the gun, and told me how to get it open to clean it (not that obvious). He offered to hold while I did it, but I decided to let him go while I found my tools. Took me five minutes (half that time trying to figure out which Allen wrench was the 2mm one). Could have had the job done yesterday if I'd remembered to include my whole phone number.

Their website says "Cam Spray is a small company, but we provide many of the same services and amenities that bigger outfits promise, but often don’t deliver." If my experience is any guide, that's certainly true. If I ever have need for another pressure washer you can be sure I'll look to them first.

Terry

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #29  
I've got a Karcher K5, 2030psi and I'm quite pleased with it. It conserves water which is great when your main source is tank water or a bore.

The Karcher is the power-washer of choice for the RAAF, so it was good enough for me. (One of the rare times that quality beat out cost for government purchased equipment)

/ Is there a "good" electric pressure washer? #30  
weird. i've had a karcher for ? 10ys now... a elbow broke inside it at about 5ys of age and i took it apart. elbow was 35$ but i could it could be eliminated and drilled a 2nd hose exit hole in the casing, and was able to hook it back up minus the elbow.

still using it.

you guys must be hard on equipment. ;)

Great post.