Oil & Fuel Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #31  
you want to stay away from bio-diesel. you might think that saving a little bit of money for the fuel is worth it but in the long run you will spend more time and expences on repairs than you think.

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #32  
For those who use this stuff:

"Advance Auto Parts offers two Chevron Techron Concentrate 20-oz. Fuel System Cleaners for $12.99. (Add both to your cart to see this price.) Choose free in-store pickup to avoid the $9.06 shipping charge. That's the lowest price we could find for this product in this quantity by $17. Sales tax is added where applicable."

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #33  
Arctic grade fuel is sold mainly around the 60th parallel and above.
and in the lubricity test 2 % bio fuel had the very best lubricity of all the additives, and If you google diesel fuel lubricity test you can read it. Some of the additives were worse than the base fuel.

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #34  
Arctic grade fuel is sold mainly around the 60th parallel and above.
and in the lubricity test 2 % bio fuel had the very best lubricity of all the additives, and If you google diesel fuel lubricity test you can read it. Some of the additives were worse than the base fuel.

Yes, and some improved lubricity too.

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #35  
I have been running diesels,(500-1500 hp), in boats for 40 years. I have been running small tractors,(25-45hp), for 20 years. On the boats I check for water monthly and add Biobor if present. Bacterier soon follows. Costly when you have to treat 20,000 gals. Only had to do it twice. Tractors; one time I had a jelling issue and added a NAPA additive that took care of it. That is all I have ever used for additives. Filtration is the key to fuel system health. That's my 2 cents.

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #36  
I have been running diesels,(500-1500 hp), in boats for 40 years. I have been running small tractors,(25-45hp), for 20 years. .... Filtration is the key to fuel system health. That's my 2 cents.

I agree 100% on filtration but I'm less sure about the relevance of the historical data. ULSD is relatively new so we may not know all the effects yet. When LSD came out we eventually found certain kinds of IPs didn't like it.

/ Is there a need for Diesel Fuel Additives #37  
I can only relate my own experence after burning 50,000-60,000 gals of it in engines not designed for it. I know I am using low sulfur, it may not be ultra. I buy it by the truck load. I also use the same fuel in my tractor. Again for what it is worth, just my experence.