Is there any science behind pucker factor?

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #92  
patrick_g said:
Rob, I would never have thought that as I enjoy your contributions.

About not getting all the message due to not seeing the face and body language so get it wrong sometimes.

I resemble that remark.

(On a separate topic...

Urban Legends Reference Pages: A Tale of Two Houses

Pat

You know... we all fall victim to that at some point or another. You took a few friendly jabs at me earlier, that were a little sharper than normal, but I knew you meant no harm by it. I have found this thread quite entertaining. I can say that we all agree that the ole pucker factor does exist. Aside from that.. well who knows... funny thing though... I was watching TV from bed lst night when I suddenly wondered about that dang plane and magic conveyor again...:eek:

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #93  
rback33 said:
I was watching TV from bed lst night when I suddenly wondered about that dang plane and magic conveyor again...:eek:

Now THAT was uncalled for!!!! :D

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #94  
rback33 said:
I suddenly wondered about that dang plane and magic conveyor again...:eek:

I'm pretty sure it is against the Terms of Use at TBN to even mention that thread. Having transgressed the TOU I'm also pretty sure you are now on..................(que scary music)...............Double Secret Probation!:eek:

Just watch yourself, bud.

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #95  
OK... just for the record... someone ELSE brought it up in this thread first.... somewhere.. back there.... ^^^ Now I sit and wait for the message from Bird or MikePA...lol:eek:

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #96  
Anyone ever been falling off to sleep, and fall off whatever. That's a pretty scary pucker event.

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #97  
motepoc said:
Anyone ever been falling off to sleep, and fall off whatever. That's a pretty scary pucker event.

Same, but different.... back in my crude hauling days I would run up to 36 hrs straight... I could nap while the oil was loading and unloading... invariably in the middle of the night while unloading I would be asleep hunched over the steering wheel and suddenly wake up and feel like I was still driving.... THAT makes u pucker.

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #98  
Anyone ever been sitting stopped in two lanes of traffice at a light on a hill and feel like you are rolling so you stomp on the brakes harder only to realize you are not moving, the car next to you is? :)

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #99  
MossRoad said:
Anyone ever been sitting stopped in two lanes of traffice at a light on a hill and feel like you are rolling so you stomp on the brakes harder only to realize you are not moving, the car next to you is? :)

LOL I wish I had a dollar for every time I have done that! Somewhat related again... Right after my wife and I got married, we bought her a little GEO Metro to drive. It was a little 5 speed jobber and she adored it. Well one day we were pulling out of the drive in the Camry that we had. It was an automatic... we get to the end of the drive way and she mashes the brake. She forgot which car she was in and was "stepping on the clutch." Wow was I glad to be wearing a seatbelt!

/ Is there any science behind pucker factor? #100  
MossRoad said:
That's one of the problems with typed conversations... you can't see the person's face or body language to go along with the words. :)

i hear that is also a -blessing- sometimes as well!!

Soundguy