Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it?

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #1  

KanakaRick

Silver Member
Tractor
KIoti DK50S
I am looking to move up to a larger tractor from my Kioti DK50C to a bigger tractor- 75+ HP and was wondering if there was a size that was too big to add a backhoe? I am thinking probably Kioti, Kubota or New Holland.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #2  
Not really...it's more about matching the backhoe to the machine/having one available specifically for that machine than anything else. Avoid 3pt backhoes at all cost. You'll never get a backhoe cheaper than equiped off the lot either. Even if you find one aftermarket, the expense of adapting it/equipping it will likely exceed just getting it in the first place. Happy hunting.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it?
"avoid 2pt backhoes at all cost" .... that is curious... Not knowing much about tractor life, I thought all backhoes are 3pt using the tractor hydraulics..... I use the backhoe in the summer and a snow blower in the winter, so I don't want anything permanently attached. Also, I saw that there were PTO backhoes, how do they compare to pto's driven by the tractor hydraulics? Generally as an aftermarket backhoe that "COULD" fit say a Kioti PX1153, what would be a high quality manufacturer of such an animal. I am most likely buying used, so it wouldn't be a factory option....

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #4  
3pt backhoes put stress on the rear end of the machine that can damage the 3pt linkage/system and to the rear transaxle. Just because they make it doesn't mean it's good for your machine. Companies like woods do make aftermarket backhoe kits where the backhoe is removable but mount to a set of plates that are attached into the frame of the tractor. To that end, often an implement company will have already mated a particular backhoe model to a number of appropriately matched tractors thus taking the guess work out of it for you.

Yeah, my 2002 Kioti Dk50C has the plates under the tractor and a steel mount under the drive axle, I just assume all tractors were like that. Good to know... thanks for the info. Does anyone know if Kioti makes a backhoe that mounts to the back of say a PX1153? I am shopping online for a replacement tractor and that big Kioti looks pretty cool, but there doesn't seem to be too much info about them anywhere on this site...

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #6  
maybe its time to add a rubber tired backhoe to your collection.
lots of them being traded for mini excavators

Yeah, my wife would like to see me add more toys to my "collection".....

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #8  
If your particular to kioti and know there is a model that is of interest, a quick call to the dealer would tell you all you need to know. They'd be able to tell you if there's an OEM option and if not, who offers an aftermarket option. Tractor manufacturers are a bit of an old boys club with how they work to funnel you through the dealer network for answers and supplies/equipment access.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #9  
Generally speaking, if one has tasks that require a 75hp plus backhoe, one either uses a single-purpose machine, i.e. excavator, or uses a dual-purpose machine, i.e. construction loader-backhoe. "Dual purpose" may be a misnomer as construction backhoes are often fitted with a variety of front-end implements such as fork blades, grapples, etc, but basically have a FEL and a BH. Construction backhoes are not usually fitted with a PTO so they are not as versitile as a utility tractor with a PTO. Kubota's Tractor-Loader-Backhoe line maxes out at 63hp; that is only marginally more powerful than your Kioti.
Perhaps it is time for 2 new toys, a more powerful tractor AND a dedicated BH.

/ Is there any size of tractor that is too big to add a backhoe on it? #10  
Below is the description I found for what I believe is the largest backhoe addon kioti makes. Basically it stops at about 66hp machines.

Backhoes : KB2485
KB2485-feature

Fits KIOTI DK10 Series (DK4510/5010/5510), NX4510, NX5010, NX5510, NX6010, RX6620 tractors. Specifications may vary depending on tractor model and are subject to change without notification. Tractors must be equipped with ROPS and seat belt that will provide greater safety.