Tractor Sizing Is there more than one size bucket for a 12LA FEL?

/ Is there more than one size bucket for a 12LA FEL? #1  

horstuff

Bronze Member
Hi. I may buy a TC24D with 12LA loader, and I have looked at two different rigs. One had a 48" bucket, the other a 54". It may have been my eyes playing tricks, but it looked like the 48" was deeper in addition to narrower. The 54" looked longer but shallower. Like I said, probably an illusion, but I thought it was worth a reality check to see if it's possible the two different NH dealers got their 12LA buckets from different sources. I was assuming that whether it was 48" or 54", they would always come from New Holland. Thanks.

Bobby

/ Is there more than one size bucket for a 12LA FEL? #2  
I've got the TC24D and as I recall there were two different options shown in the manual for bucket size. I didn't really select which one I wanted ...just bought the tractor w/ the bucket that arrived attached.

I believe it's about 54".

/ Is there more than one size bucket for a 12LA FEL? #3  
My 12LA loader has the 48" wide HD bucket, but I've never had it next to a 54" to compare them. I like the 48" because it's exactly the same width as my tire tread, box blade and brush hog.

Less than half of my uses for the FEL involve moving full buckets of material, so I don't care about capacity. When I do have a lot of material to move, I use the FEL to load a hydraulic dump trailer, then move that. I don't care if it takes a couple of extra bucket loads to fill the trailer.