Is there something wrong with me?

/ Is there something wrong with me? #31  
I've had similar instances with people taking photos on my property without asking. Last spring, a guy knocked on my door and handed me a copy of a photo he had taken around Christmas time of the snow and lights on the house and such. I just find it odd that they feel they have the right to do so. During the summer my dog was going crazy barking. I looked out in my back yard and a guy was out there with a camera set up on a tripod taking photos. I think he was taking photos of planes passing on their way to the airport. He was oblivious to all the barking.
I would have let my dog out. Photo boy would no longer be looking to the sky.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #32  
Before you get too bent out of shape go to google earth type in your address and click on street view.

Taking pictures from the street (or outer space in Google's case) is perfectly legal. Physically entering someone's private property and walking around taking pictures is not. I'd have asked them what they were doing, and then told them to leave. And I'd record any license numbers, get a description of the people, etc... and report it to the police just in case it turned into something, or there were other problems in the area. Most likely, it was just people taking pictures and not thinking about trespassing. But you never know.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #33  
Taking pictures from the street (or outer space in Google's case) is perfectly legal. Physically entering someone's private property and walking around taking pictures is not. I'd have asked them what they were doing, and then told them to leave. And I'd record any license numbers, get a description of the people, etc... and report it to the police just in case it turned into something, or there were other problems in the area. Most likely, it was just people taking pictures and not thinking about trespassing. But you never know.
We don't know how long his driveway is, but he said it faces a state highway. I'd guess Google street view and the pictures the couple took have a very similar view.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #34  
They should have walked up, knocked on the door and asked permission. If they asked me, I would probably say yes
My property is on a private road. But I am trying to make it beautiful.....so I wouldn't be too surprised if someone wanted to take pictures....the 8 foot fence I am putting all around my orchard to fight of the wildlife should deter humans....if it doesn't then we need to have a face to face...I never come alone.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #35  
We don't know how long his driveway is, but he said it faces a state highway. I'd guess Google street view and the pictures the couple took have a very similar view.

I doubt it. They walked down the driveway and used the yard as a backdrop. That would indicate a view that you'd not see from the street, or they would have stood in the street and used his yard as a backdrop. ;)

/ Is there something wrong with me? #36  
Many years ago there was a company that took aerial photos of large properties(mainly farms) and then would come around and try to sell the photos. That has gone by the wayside with software like Google Earth being available.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #38  
I too have a property that is kind of secluded. I am totally surrounded by trees and the house is 250' back from the dead end road. I am the second last house on the road. When strangers arrive, IF they actually come to the house, I meet them on the front porch. That is where I am standing, they are still near their vehicle, the first words out of my mouth are, "you must be lost'. Usually, no matter what their response is I tell them this is private property and to please leave.
The second time isn't quite so polite. The third time IF there is one, I holler into the house, "call the cops and bring out the cannon". They leave. There is no cannon as in gun, but they don't know that.

/ Is there something wrong with me? #39  
I don't get too excited about people taking photos of the trees/woods/and such if it is from the public road. Now if you come back the driveway I would not care for it. If someone took the time to come up and introduce themselves and ASK if they could take photos of the trees/animals from my yard I would be fine with it if they gave me that feeling they are normal and legit.
I agree. If they want to take a picture from the road (or the right of way), I cant complain. If they are on my property, they will be asked to leave and I will take a picture of them and their license plate.

Kind of like a "squeegeman" Cleans you car window at a stop light and holds his hand out for money.. By the way.....the glass is "half empty":D
Ran into a bunch of those down in Argentina. We even had someone who washed the windows (with nasty dirty water) despite us saying no several times and then he expected us to pay him (we left and were cursed as rich stupid Americans even though we had 3 Americans and 3 Latinos (from Argentina, Uruguay and/or Paraguay IIRC)

Many years ago there was a company that took aerial photos of large properties(mainly farms) and then would come around and try to sell the photos. That has gone by the wayside with software like Google Earth being available.
Still happens around here. We bought a set at work a few years back to use on our website.

Aaron Z

/ Is there something wrong with me? #40  
People stop at our cabin all the time because its 12 rough miles from the main road and by then they start wondering where they are. They always say the same thing, "where does this road come out." And people stop to ask if they can take a picture -- its a big traditional log cabin, admittedly photogenic. I've never encountered a hostile or unreasonable person there.

We allow walk-in fishing and hunting as this builds goodwill in the valley. Plus we let the stocking crews drive through the fields to the creek [we have the most heavily stocked trout stream in the state]. We even let Jimmy Carter fish there a few times.

But the one that amazes me is helicopters. We are close to a major bundle of pipelines that apparently need aerial surveillance a couple times a year. If they need to leave the copter for a few days they just set it down in the back corner of my lower field. Its a good place -- very secluded buy close enough to the road to walk out. Have never seen any people coming or going. It doesn't hurt anything but its always a surprise to see one.