Price Check Is this Massey Ferguson backhoe worth buying????

/ Is this Massey Ferguson backhoe worth buying???? #11  
I agree. I found an older Ford with a rebuilt engine and rebuilt injector pump. Strong hydraulics, top of loader bucket bent some but over all a nice unit for what I need without a big price tag,

ya i would let the old girl pass ..let it go with dignity lol its had it's day ...good luck with the ford

/ Is this Massey Ferguson backhoe worth buying???? #12  
I agree. I found an older Ford with a rebuilt engine and rebuilt injector pump. Strong hydraulics, top of loader bucket bent some but over all a nice unit for what I need without a big price tag,
Some people that buy Ferrari's think the price tag is low also, while others think a Yugo is a big expense............tell us more about the Ford.

/ Is this Massey Ferguson backhoe worth buying????
4000 Ford 3 cyl diesel, manual trans, engine has less than 5 hrs on a total rebuild, fuel injector pump has been rebuilt in last 6 months.
14 ft hoe, cylinders are all good, no leaks, has one hydraulic hose that needs immediate replacement on the left outrigger and several that need to be replace very soon. Loader bucket is bent on top edge but useable as is, Tires are 30% rear thread and 50% front thread. Needs lights rewired. Needs paint. price $3250

Have have found a pair of rear tires with 80% thread for $300 (pair), but they are not a matching set, 2 different brands. They are 8 ply tires.
Will they be hefty enough to use on this hoe.

My 2nd option is a 1975 Case 580C with shuttle shift and it doesn't need anything. has 3300 hrs and price is $7,000

I will just be using the backhoe for personal
work