Is this normal?

/ Is this normal? #11  
Spoke with the dealer this AM. They will pick it up and do the 50 hr service and check out the problem. Go over the system - Possible Relay or Control unit?? Will report when this has been accomplished. KK
It's always nice to have a good dealer. I'm looking forward to hearing what the problem may be.

/ Is this normal? #12  
We just had a tractor with a similar issue. Unplugged the main harness plugs under the foot step, blew them out, added the di-electric grease, and voila!!

All components in the sytem had tested normal, but the glow timer (Display Unit) did not operate. Similar to what you just described.

Hope this helps.

/ Is this normal? #13  
We just had a tractor with a similar issue. Unplugged the main harness plugs under the foot step, blew them out, added the di-electric grease, and voila!!

All components in the sytem had tested normal, but the glow timer (Display Unit) did not operate. Similar to what you just described.

Hope this helps.

Over the years, members have posted several different electrical problems which ended up being those harness plugs under the foot step. Those wires must control a good bit. I guess it might be a good preventative measure, even if everything is currently working, to clean and grease those plugs. It may save problems down the road and keep those plugs from corroding and maybe even needing replaced.

/ Is this normal? #14  
VictorW said:
Over the years, members have posted several different electrical problems which ended up being those harness plugs under the foot step. Those wires must control a good bit. I guess it might be a good preventative measure, even if everything is currently working, to clean and grease those plugs. It may save problems down the road and keep those plugs from corroding and maybe even needing replaced.

Also consider protecting those vulnerable electric wires from brush. I've accidentally knocked out my 4wd a couple of times just by running over brush.

/ Is this normal?
Spoke with the dealer this AM. They will pick it up and do the 50 hr service and check out the problem. Go over the system - Possible Relay or Control unit?? Will report when this has been accomplished. KK

UPDATE - I talked to the Dealer Monday and wouldn't you know it. The problem evidently, wasn't showing up. However they decided to replace the relay that controls the glow plugs and to go over the main harness, relay/connectors, ?? check for corrosion and grease the connections.

They dropped it off Tuesday. First thing I did was to Turn the key on to see if the pre-heating was working automatically and everything was in order before I sent you out a report. They kept it longer to make sure they were satisfied that they didn't leave any stories unturned. I didn't mean to keep anybody in suspense. I can say at this time everything seems to be working satisfactorily. Thank you all again for the input and for being there when I needed you. Good night! KK