Backhoe Is this normal?

/ Is this normal? #1  

Cramby

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max 26XL TLBMMM
Yesterday I put the most time on my new Max 26XL. Backhoe work mostly. Ran great, no issues there. This morning went out to barn to find backhoe boom ram had leaked down a couple of inches. No fluid on ground just leaked down internally I think. Any thoughts from the forum?

/ Is this normal? #2  
Wouldn't concern me at all. You may want to rest it on the ground when parking -- would be safer if you have kids/etc around.

/ Is this normal? #3  
Perfectly normal. There's lots of threads on this. Worry not.

/ Is this normal?
Good to know guys, thanks.

/ Is this normal? #5  
Yes set it on the ground. Had a dog sleeping under a three point disc and it was slowly leaking down. Id we had not been there it would have been a terrible way ti die. Ed

/ Is this normal? #6  
Any time you can release the pressure on the hydraulic system while not in use will prolong the life of the seals and valves. I make it a point to lower the FEL and 3PH when parked, and after the motor is shut down, I 'wobble' the loader joystick so it settles.

/ Is this normal? #7  
Doesn't your boom have a lock on it so you can lock it in the up position when not in use. If I forget to lock my B26 TLB, it is on the ground the next morning also. Every backhoe I have seen (industrial or otherwise) have a manual lock to lock up the boom.

/ Is this normal?
Yes it does and i forgot to put it in.