Is this oil bad

/ Is this oil bad #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I’ve never changed the hydraulic/ gear oil in my ford 1910 since I’ve gotten it I’m thinking it might have a little water contamination but not sure.
IMG_8995.jpeg

/ Is this oil bad #2  
I would say yes. It has a somewhat milky appearance, meaning it has water mixing with it.

/ Is this oil bad #4  
Change also good flushing.

/ Is this oil bad #5  
Is that picture after tractor was recently operated or been sitting unused for a period of time? If recent use let sit and see if it starts to clear. Reason for this is some tractors introduce small air bubbles from gears turning in the oil that can make it look milky but these bubbled should dissipate and oil clear up when sitting.

/ Is this oil bad
Is that picture after tractor was recently operated or been sitting unused for a period of time? If recent use let sit and see if it starts to clear. Reason for this is some tractors introduce small air bubbles from gears turning in the oil that can make it look milky but these bubbled should dissipate and oil clear up when sitting.
It had sat for roughly 24 hours

/ Is this oil bad #7  
If sat for 24 hrs then would suspect water in oil so drain is required and replace. How old is this tractor? Might also check for any old cracked rubber shifter boots if there any. These harden and crack over time letting water in.

/ Is this oil bad #8  
Was this a day after you were brush cutting for 4 hours in a field with 3 foot tall grass? I tease with that question because my tractor transmission gets quite hot so I am assuming the fluid gets quite hot when I work it hard mowing in the heat of summer. Heat will/should help evaporate off moisture. Tractors that never get worked hard never get the chance to boil off moisture. My theory which has not been followed up with proper testing. ;-)