Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter?

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #2  
If you have the tonnage, it doesn't matter the size.

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #3  
Thats exactaly what the splitter is supposed to do.

90% of the time we never come close to reaching the max capacity of the splitter. So when we do find a piece that comes close, no need to be alarmed. You can split pieces like that all day long and have nothing to worry about. The splitter has a pressure relief valve that will prevent you from damaging anything or blowing the hydraulics

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #4  
Call me an idiot, and I'm sure some have, but I have been busting 4" thick concrete with mine. I came across some free chunks so I have been breaking it with a 22 ton splitter I'm using it as rubble in mud holes.

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #5  
Call me an idiot, and I'm sure some have, but I have been busting 4" thick concrete with mine. I came across some free chunks so I have been breaking it with a 22 ton splitter I'm using it as rubble in mud holes.

I am with you on (multi-tasking) the wood splitters.

Used mine for straightening sheet metal-(tractor hood)

Pressing u joints -drive lines

Removing and installing A arm bushings- car front suspension

I am sure there are some others i can't remember right now but a wood splitter can be a multi faceted tool.:thumbsup:

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #6  
When mine meets something that won't split/shift, the relief valve lifts so nothing breaks.

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #7  
Its not the size of the wood that might cause damage - actually the density of the wood shouldn't either. If the splitter hydraulics reach max pressure the relief valve should activate so nothing is damaged.

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #8  
A customer of mine once had a wood splitter with an electric pump set up to crush steel toed boots that came back under warranty. They had found that people were taking them out of the garbage!

The worst thing I have ever happend with a splitter is that it can get jambed up in your wood. We have some very large knurly Elm and it took some doing to get these pieces unstuck! The harder you jamb something in, the harder it is to get out!

/ Is This to Hard on a 27 ton Splitter? #9  
Nice cold weather really makes the splitting easier on the larger size pieces. Gets down around zero and they pop really nice. Only problem is getting me out to work in it.