Buying Advice Is this tractor stolen?

/ Is this tractor stolen? #41  
The problem with reporting scams is nobody will listen unless you have fallen for it and been defrauded out of money. I haven't found anywhere to report obvious scam attempts. They all want info on HOW MUCH YOU LOST.

/ Is this tractor stolen? #44  
It's not even perfectly safe to buy new from a dealer. If the dealer defaults on the floor plan, his creditors or the manufacturer will come looking for the tractor.

Better to find a dealer who has been long in business, and has good future prospects. Then, you're about 98.5% safe.

/ Is this tractor stolen? #45  
In our county you can do a search of a person by name for even traffic tickets and also an other type of legal action. Will help you know if the person is at least not a person with a legal history. Other thing that may help if credit check on them. A person with good credit is more likely dependable than a person with credit issues.

/ Is this tractor stolen? #46  
scams involve theft, but a scam can occur without a stolen item (that would be the scam enhancement program :) ), items can also be sold repeatedly - ie. to several buyers. Buyer Beware.

I try to deal with scammers, by asking then to contact me on my "private phone" / or a better number to reach me is ... then I proceed to give them the local NON-EMERGENCY POLICE number. oh to be a fly on the wall ...

/ Is this tractor stolen? #47  
I try to deal with scammers, by asking then to contact me on my "private phone" / or a better number to reach me is ... then I proceed to give them the local NON-EMERGENCY POLICE number. oh to be a fly on the wall ...

Or you could tell them to call you at work at that number :laughing:

/ Is this tractor stolen? #48  
that is easy to identify, ask for its VIN number, then check with the manufacturer.

/ Is this tractor stolen? #49  
It's not even perfectly safe to buy new from a dealer. If the dealer defaults on the floor plan, his creditors or the manufacturer will come looking for the tractor.

Better to find a dealer who has been long in business, and has good future prospects. Then, you're about 98.5% safe.

I think there is more to the story than that. If that were all the truth there was, then people wouldn't buy from dealers at all.

Here is how it works where I live:
When I buy a tractor from a dealer I get a receipt showing that I exchanged cash money for a tractor. The dealer has the money; I have the tractor. His creditors can go after the money I gave him - because that is what he now owns. But they can't come after the tractor because I own it now.

/ Is this tractor stolen? #50  
I think there is more to the story than that. If that were all the truth there was, then people wouldn't buy from dealers at all.
Here is how it works where I live:
When I buy a tractor from a dealer I get a receipt showing that I exchanged cash money for a tractor. The dealer has the money; I have the tractor. His creditors can go after the money I gave him - because that is what he now owns. But they can't come after the tractor because I own it now.
Nope, if the dealer has floorplanned the tractors (most do), the creditor has a lein on the tractor and the dealer cannot legally sell it to you.

Aaron Z