Is your acreage enough?

/ Is your acreage enough? #61  
I agree with you RD. I do believe in buying land for the future but I buy land that I can rent out or have someone else run for me. I would never even be able to afford more land if all I did was run the land that I have. If you have a full-time job, kids, etc. it's very tough to take care of alot of ground. What I do is try and buy ground that I can rent out. I take care of alot of my own but also rent out alot and the ranch in Idaho I just have my uncle run for me.

I guess my answer is if you have to run the land yourself you can definitely get too much where it becomes more of a job than it is fun. There have been alot of days where I have thought of just selling it all. It does get tough at times where all of your spare time is taken up just taking care of things.

/ Is your acreage enough? #62  
That's one of the reasons I went with a tree farm. The first 5 years I just had to mow between the rows twice a year. Now I just have to inspect it once a year. Trim out any diseased trees and hire someone to thin every 15 or 20 years. I'd snatch up another 80 acres or so if the price was right and plant it all to trees again in a heartbeat. The land will never lose its value and even if I never harvest a tree before I die, the equity builds for my kids. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Is your acreage enough? #63  
No, you never have enough land! Now, the important part. "Are you happy?" If you can say yes, you have enough land. The amount varies for each of us. I am just so happy to see that I am not alone, that many people think similar to myself!