Iseki 2205 glow plug question

/ Iseki 2205 glow plug question
You guys are the best. Alright glow plug problem solved thanks again. New issue though, I having trouble with my key switch. I turn it and the lights come on and the two red lights come on and then when I turn the switch to start the engine nothing happens. Ill fiddle with turning the key back and forth and trying to start the tractor and finally it will turn over and start. I think the key switch is glitchy. Y'all's thoughts?

/ Iseki 2205 glow plug question #12  
Either bad switch or a loose connection on the switch.

Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with your glow plugs?

/ Iseki 2205 glow plug question
Well I bought it from an 85 year old man who didn't know it had glow plugs to warm so I assumed that you turned the key backwards like my buddies kubota. However one of the guys on the site told me to turn the starter knob backwards to warm them and presto! Would it cause any damage for him to have started that tractor for years without warming the glow plugs?

/ Iseki 2205 glow plug question #14  
If he used ether that wouldn't have been good. Since it survived until now you're probably ok though. Starting a diesel w/o any aids (i.e. intake heaters, glow plugs, block heaters, etc.) in colder weather (~<=40 degrees F) takes a lot of battery power and causes unnecessary wear on the starter so that may be needing attention sooner rather than later.

/ Iseki 2205 glow plug question #15  
" I having trouble with my key switch. I turn it and the lights come on and the two red lights come on and then when I turn the switch to start the engine nothing happens. Ill fiddle with turning the key back and forth and trying to start the tractor and finally it will turn over and start. I think the key switch is glitchy. Y'all's thoughts?"

I think if the two red lights come on the key switch may be good. In the wiring diagram I have, there are two dash lights and the starter circuit on to the same line from the switch. So if the circuit for the two lights gets power from the key switch, then it looks like the circuits that follow downstream should be getting voltage.

The wiring diagram shows the line from the key switch flows through a couple of things in the path to the starter, first through the a connector that splits the voltage to the two lights on the dash, then through one of the lights to the regulator and from the regulator to the start/glow plug switch and from the start/glow plug switch through a clutch safety relay and then to the solenoid on the starter.

On my tractor there are only three dash lights, the wiring diagram I have shows four lights. So my tractor does not exactly match the wiring diagram but it should be similar.

On my tractor someone bypassed the clutch safety. So my tractor will start in gear.

There are two connectors on the solenoid on top of the starter. One is a direct line from the battery. The other solenoid connector is the line that gets voltage when turning the start/glow plug switch to the start position. If you have a volt meter that reads DC voltage you could connect it to on the line that controls the starter at the solenoid. See if the starter is always getting +12V on that line when you turn the start/glow plug switch to the start position. That could tell you if there is problem in the starter.

Last edited: