ISEKI TA262F

/ ISEKI TA262F #11  
I have heard that KW stuff before. It is 26 horsepower not 26KW at the PTO. Glad your shopping near home; you will get better long-term service that way.

For some reason when I get Iseki parts prices they tend to be higher than a comparable part. I don’t know why they just are. Still cheaper than most Deere parts we buy.

Buck

/ ISEKI TA262F #12  
Seems like the rear tires are kind of small for a tractor that size. They are 9.5X24. Most of the tires I've seen on 26hp tractors are at least 11.2X24 and most Isekis I've seen have tires even larger.

Eugene

/ ISEKI TA262F
I went and checked it out. It was not a bad tractor. I think it had been repainted and it only had 837 hours. It did smoke a bit (white) on start up too so I was wary. The Hinomoto N209 was really nice but the Zen Noh (Kubota) GL-21 won me over.

So I need to start another thread in the Grey Market category to see opinions on them (GL-21). I don't know what parts supply is like on them but unless it is terribly bad I think I'm going to at least make an offer. It was immaculate for 1100 hours and had the hydraulic tilt on the 3 point (the Hino did too though) and both were Shuttle Shift and Power Steer. The Kubota had plenty of scratches on it and things like that so i don't think it was repainted, just whoever had it took care of it over there.

Anyway, I'll post pics of it when I get home. I have some questions about the gearing on it. There were 4 shifters I think. Range, gear, shuttle and a fourth that was on the floor near the base of the steering column.

Thanks again to all!

/ ISEKI TA262F #14  
I have seen the GL series in Japan nice machines just not one fail proof legal way to import them. The GL21 is the same as the Hinomoto NX21 and NX23. I have brought a few those in and they have been good machines.
The GL21 is not 28 hp as listed though; my book shows 20.1 hp at the PTO and 23.2 hp at the flywheel. Did the dealer explain why he is so misleading on hp?

Buck

/ ISEKI TA262F
Buck, the way he explained it to me was the first two numbers are KW rating. I've heard it explained that way a couple of times before from some other dealers too. I'm not saying you're wrong or he is.

It's just one more reason to be frustrated at how this all works (or doesn't work) because of some bull-crap lawsuit.

BTW, he described himself s a distributor not a retailer. He said he usually resells to dealers here in the states.

Anyway, I'm attaching a pic of the GL. Regardless of it's advertised HP it's big enough for me I'm pretty sure.

/ ISEKI TA262F #18  
Actually that is exactly what your saying but that is ok. I will stop confusing this conversation with reality. Buy from a snake...it is not me who will get bit.

Buck

/ ISEKI TA262F
Wow Buck. I did not say you were wrong. If that is your interpretation then so be it.

All I said was I don't know. I've heard so many things about these types of tractors I don't know what to believe.

Would you mind sharing the source of the information you have? You did say it was a book right? Is it something you compiled personally or something that is available to anyone?

If you look at the rating for each tractor they are all consistent with the KW story. Again, I'm not saying they are right just that they are consistent. As an engineer I have seen very few foreign made products based on the American measurment system, especially in the last 25 years. I did not say it never happens but it is rare.

I don't think his numbers are spot on, but it seems a lot of people give "approximate" numbers for HP, especially with these machines.

You are right about you not being bit by a snake. Unfortunately the nearest reputable grey DEALER does not sell the type of tractor I'm after. So I am forced to go to a dealer far away such as yourself or Hoye. That drives the price up pretty high and not to mention you don't even want to sell outside of your area, which is fine, I have no problem with that.

Now I have to decide if I want to spend all that money on a tractor I don't really want or take a gamble (we all do really, regardless of dealer) on buying from a local guy who isn't part of the tight ring of trusted dealers on this site. For me I think I'm a good enough judge of character I'm willing to take a bet on him. If you know something about him then by all means share, you don't have to do it publicly though you can PM me.

Yea, he might be wrong about the way the HP is calculated which indicates he isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. I don't see how that makes him a bad person or a snake. He was very honest about all his tractors and explained some or painted beavuse they rusted bad, but none had meters below 600 hours that I noticed and he even warned me to stay away from Vietnamese rebuilds. He also told me his tractors were used and as such some things might not work but if a major component was broken they would repair it.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers. I seem to do that a lot. I guess I'm only supposed to buy from the people who are on this forum? I'm asking, not rhetorically either. I don't want to alienate myself from the people who are on here because lord knows I'll probably need your help on down the line but what am I supposed to do about buying a tractor? I can't buy from you, the local reputable (according to this site) dealer doesn't carry what I want/need. If I travle to get my tractor automatically tack on another $600-700 to the cost, if not more.

/ ISEKI TA262F #20  
PABOH,

The HP issue has been beat to death on this forum, but not for a while. When this issue rears up again, sometimes those of us that have been around a while feel like we are revisiting an old argument. Yet for you, it is new and we really shouldn't beat you up too bad. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Buck has sold hundreds of these tractors, and I'm probably being conservative. He is right, it is clearly not KW at the PTO.

One way to study this is to look at the few almost dead on models produced for both Japan and the USA. There are quite a few cross over tractors, meaning they were sold here and there as the same basic tractor, or at least with the exact engine. The Yanmar YM2000 in Japan is rated at 20HP, while it's nearly identical USA twin, the YM240 is rated at 24HP. The YM135 Japan (13.5) and the YM155USA (15.5) is another example. The John Deere 990 and the Yanmar US35 is another. In all these cases, and many more, they are rated real close to 20% higher in the US than in Japan. The common rule respected by experienced dealers is that the rating on a xx Japanese tractor is xx times 1.2 in the USA. It is thought the Japanese rate the usable PTO HP in their model numbers, and the USA market likes the higher flywheel number. Years ago I held the kw theory also, but a little study has shot that down.

I have a PTO dyno. Buck probably does also. The PTO rating theory works on the dyno, the kw is no where close. I guess that says something.

I used to import from Japan. I've moved on to new tractors now, but I can't help jumping in every once in a while.