Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes
Here is the set up and piston out my TX2160,

DSC02682 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

same but another
DSC02651 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

piston as removed note the white backing ring, there is only 1 athough its a double coil.
DSC02686 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Hope those can be of some use,

Chris

Thanks Chris, it's interesting that the 2 cylinder and 3 cylinder pistons have a different top profile despite having the same part number. I hope they are interchangeable in case i get sent the 3 cyl version.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #42  
Chris
Can you please take a photo of the other end of the piston. The side that is down in the photo you posted.

Dave M7040

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #43  
Dave, unfortunately that's an old photo in an album in my flickr photos and I don't think there is one showing what you need to see, what I can tell you is though that the internals of the piston are machined giving an approx. 3mm-5mm skirt and has a recess central to the bore to accept the push rod from the 3 point linkage arms,

Chris

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #44  
Dave, unfortunately that's an old photo in an album in my flickr photos and I don't think there is one showing what you need to see, what I can tell you is though that the internals of the piston are machined giving an approx. 3mm-5mm skirt and has a recess central to the bore to accept the push rod from the 3 point linkage arms,

Chris

Thanks for the reply. What I was trying to picture was the obvious difference in the two pistons. In your photo, the smooth face sees the hydraulic pressure. And then as you just wrote, the recessed face sees the push rod.

I cannot go back and look as I type this but I thought the owner said the chipped up end of his piston was the side seeing the hydraulic pressure.

I cannot envision how the piston was able to come out of its bore. Perhaps, if it was in backwards and there was no recess to contain and control the push rod....

Dave M7040

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #45  
Hi All,
Hoping to revive this thread as it seems relevant to the problem that I am seeing on my TX1300F.
I loaned my tractor to my father, as he had some work that needed doing. Strict instructions- don't run the diesel empty, as it is a b*** to bleed.
So I get a call asking if there is something wrong with the fuel pump. I asked did you run it dry? to which I got a sheepish 'I dont think so'. Which I assume means yes. So he has manually lifted and strapped up the 3PL to be able to tow it to a better location. It sat for about a month until I could get to it.
I have bled all the fuel lines and it runs beautifully again, FEL works fine and all functions are working well, so hydraulic pump has no issues. Problem is 3PL lift, it wont move no matter the location of the lever. It has always had a really slow leak, an implement will drop overnight but it still works fine. I assumed that the rings on the lift cylinder had eventually given up and I am possibly bypassing the cylinder, giving no lift.
But after reading this thread, I'm wondering if the manual raising of the 3PL has caused the issue, dislodging pins/pistons as discussed above. Is there any way that I can differentiate between the 2 possibilities without stripping it all down?
And if I have to strip it down, does anyone have the part numbers for the seals and/or pins if required?
I'm located in Australia.

Thanks,

Sam

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #46  
Manually raising the 3PL does not affect the piston or anything. So this should not cause your problem.

You will have to open up the top of the 3PL, and check the piston, which has 3 rings around it. This is not as bad as it sounds, you don't even have to drain the oil.

Attached the section of the manual that is about the piston. Send me a DM with your email address if you want the complete manual.

Good luck,
M.

top_1.jpg

Attachments

• top_2.jpg
    top_2.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 51
   / Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #47  
Thanks @marcelPL, great information.
Do the seals come as a kit from Iseki (I haven't yet enquired to see if there is any OEM support for these anymore), or am I better off taking the O-Ring dimensions to a local hydraulics supplier? P50A and G55 O Rings look to be a generic item, through Google anyway. The exploded view you have attached seems to show 3x different O rings, but the Bill of materials shows two of them as both P50A?

I'll send you through my email. A manual would be excellent reference, before I start pulling things apart.

Thanks a lot.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #48  
There are two rubber O-rings that are identical i think. You should still e able to get them at any normal tractor shop.

On my first encounter with my iseki there were parts missing, so i got a lot of help from people here on this forum to get it fixed. You will find many foto's and advice in this topic, especially about the O-rings. You find it here:

When you open up your iseki, any photo's of what you find would be appreciated :)

Good luck,
M.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #49  
ps manuals have been sent to you.

M.