Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #31  
Cannot wait to see the photo's. And this 50 euro for the piston does not sound too crazy to me, in the experience that i have. The full hydraulic unit on top of differential took about $400 from me. Because you simple have no other options...

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes
Cannot wait to see the photo's. And this 50 euro for the piston does not sound too crazy to me, in the experience that i have. The full hydraulic unit on top of differential took about $400 from me. Because you simple have no other options...

Thanks Marcel, I've somehow deleted that post, no idea how!

I'll post again with the pictures tonight.

The lift arm assembly is usually about 100-120 pounds used in UK. None available just now, bit I'm asking around.

It shouldn't be possible to self eject the piston, so i will have to inspect the ram case carefully in case there is more damage.

I somehow deleted my post.

Here it is again.

I removed the lift arm assembly last night, to find that the ram had no piston in it! Somehow it had been ejected out of the cylinder into the gear case.

This should not be possible, but yet it has happened. I found the piston in the gear case, badly damaged from grinding against the bevel gear. The ram cylinder seems ok except for some damage at the bottom. It should be repairable.

Very lucky not to destroy the gear case. Lots of flushing coming up.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #34  
How was that even possible? that's unfortunate but at least you know where your problem lies,

I only got one shot before my phone battery ran out! Will get more tonight as I need to inspect the ram cylinder to make sure it's repairable.

There is more damage than this!

The grinding from bevel gears in obvious, but there are some more curious indentations that make me wonder if they were caused during the ejection or were already there.

IMG_20190411_173430477.jpg

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #36  
I only got one shot before my phone battery ran out! Will get more tonight as I need to inspect the ram cylinder to make sure it's repairable.

There is more damage than this!

The grinding from bevel gears in obvious, but there are some more curious indentations that make me wonder if they were caused during the ejection or were already there.

View attachment 599969

For me it is important to understand the orientation of your piston first.

Is the side with the indentations the one the hydraulic fluid presses against, or, is this the side where a push rod bears?

Post a picture of the other part(s) in contact with this piston.

Often, owners will physically lift the lower 3 pt arms not realizing they could be allowing the push rod to drop out of position.

This is a mistake I too made and as I lifted the lower arms, this movement allowed the push rod of the 3 pt hitch to drop out of place and then when I activated the 3 pt, it pushed out a sickening part of the rear casting on my Nuffield. The roll pin had worn out and the piston pushrod was not being kept in its proper position when the lift arms were raised by hand

3m1iCDu.jpg

LC2gGUa.jpg

This is a 3 pt piston seal detail which I expect should also exist on your tractor..... a nylon backup ring behind the O ring.

In thinking about this photo I have provided, I now see two nylon backup rings on the same side of the O ring. One nylon ring should be on each side of the O ring to keep it from being extruded into the small gasp between the piston and its cylinder

gNDqyjK.jpg

Before you condemn your piston, lets understand how it works.

Dave M7040

Dave, thanks for all that detail. The picture is of the pressure side of the piston.

The piston is definitely condemned! The underside is even worse.

The o rings are in place as per the parts diagrams, no problems there.

I think what you are saying about over extending the arms is probably correct, although I don't recall this happening. I'm also curious about it, as my other TX1500F relies on the arms being fully extended to power the loader. I'm planning on a few experiments when I get time to see at what position the piston can be ejected.

I've ordered the replacement piston and o rings from Germany - all up about 」56, so not bad at all. I just need to file and polish some damage at the very base of the cylinder before the new one goes back in.

/ Iseki TX1300/1500 Hydraulic Woes #39  
For me it is important to understand the orientation of your piston first.

Is the side with the indentations the one the hydraulic fluid presses against, or, is this the side where a push rod bears?

Post a picture of the other part(s) in contact with this piston.

Often, owners will physically lift the lower 3 pt arms not realizing they could be allowing the push rod to drop out of position.

This is a mistake I too made and as I lifted the lower arms, this movement allowed the push rod of the 3 pt hitch to drop out of place and then when I activated the 3 pt, it pushed out a sickening part of the rear casting on my Nuffield. The roll pin had worn out and the piston pushrod was not being kept in its proper position when the lift arms were raised by hand

3m1iCDu.jpg

LC2gGUa.jpg

This is a 3 pt piston seal detail which I expect should also exist on your tractor..... a nylon backup ring behind the O ring.

In thinking about this photo I have provided, I now see two nylon backup rings on the same side of the O ring. One nylon ring should be on each side of the O ring to keep it from being extruded into the small gasp between the piston and its cylinder

gNDqyjK.jpg

Before you condemn your piston, lets understand how it works.

Dave M7040

Are you certain its 2 white backing rings and not one with 2 coils,

Chris