Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #1  

bikerpete

Tractor
Iseki 2160
I have a TX2160 with what seems to be a less common axle steering joint layout.

All the manuals I can find show the following structure:
2160 4wd steering.PNG

Mine is like this:
4wdaltaxle.jpg
Using two pairs of bevel gears and a shaft running coaxially within the kingpin casting instead of the universal joint and spur reduction gears.

Eventually a helpful Iseki dealer found an added-in low-res page in their '87 parts list showing this:
607924930.jpg
It appears to me that the parts list on this page doesn't actually correspond to the exploded view, it seems more like the parts for the Ball style.

I'm waiting to hear back if they can actually get parts for this model. It's the seal that's gone (49x63mm with both axial and radial lips)

If anyone has any info on year/model information relating to this I'd appreciate it.
This tractor does not have an over-run PTO clutch in it as some of them do. It's the 3 Cylinder version, in Australia. The serial no. sticker is all but illegible, just a few characters remaining.

Cheers.

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #2  
You need to check out the Agco web site. That is a site that has parts books on line
of tractor brands that Agco now owns. White and Massey Ferguson are now owned
by agco and Iseki made tractors for both White and Massey. Your Iseki is
similar to a White Field boss 21 and the Massey Ferguson 1120. You can go on
to the Agco site as a guest and look for yourself. I have been able to buy
parts at A Massey dealer several times for my TX1300 which is close to
a field boss 16. I don't think Agco can list any Iseki models as Iseki because
Agco does not own that name. Here are a few screen shots from
the Agco site of the front axle of a field boss 21.

Attachments

• 4wd4.jpg
    4wd4.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 4wd3.jpg
    4wd3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 4wd.jpg
    4wd.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 258
  • 4wd2.jpg
    4wd2.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
   / Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint
Thanks for those pointers.
I've tried Agco a few times, but can't browse it. Just asks for user id, and guest doesn't work.

That parts sheet is the one, good to know White and MF are alternatives.
My iseki dealer sourced the right seal (I hope). $100 for a seal is pricey, but better than new gears!

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #4  
Where are you located? I ask because I don't know of an Iseki dealer in the USA
other than the one that was in Hawaii.

I'm in Victoria, Australia. We seem to have a reasonable Iseki network here - 4 dealers within 150 km of me. They vary a fair bit how helpful they are though.

I should add, this has been a great little tractor. I run a 5 foot finishing mower behind it, often on 4ft high blackberries etc. I also abuse the hydraulics lifting the front wheels high off the ground then bouncing the hydraulics to pull fence posts etc. Or adding an extra 150kg to the front to keep it down when using rear forks.
The current seal replacement has been needed for at least 5 years. Oil was milky grey muck but gears and bearings all seem in good nick.
It's taken a bit off punishment.

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #7  
Where are you located? I ask because I don't know of an Iseki dealer in the USA
other than the one that was in Hawaii.

Completely off-topic: Happy to see that you still hang out here, Don. Hope you're OK, try to stay safe in these awkward times.

My part arrived today - wrong one.
Back to the dealer to try to sort it out.
They are an Agco dealer so I've pointed them to the White 21 and MF 1120 and sent them fxrs55's screenshot for reference. I think it's part #16 I'm after, whatever it's part number is.

Agco parts book site requires a username and password - I tried the obvious ones I could think of. It says to ask your dealer for a login, so I've done that now.

Anyone need Iseki part 1491-434-017-00? No idea what it's for :)

You need to check out the Agco web site. That is a site that has parts books on line
of tractor brands that Agco now owns. White and Massey Ferguson are now owned
by agco and Iseki made tractors for both White and Massey. Your Iseki is
similar to a White Field boss 21 and the Massey Ferguson 1120. You can go on
to the Agco site as a guest and look for yourself. I have been able to buy
parts at A Massey dealer several times for my TX1300 which is close to
a field boss 16. I don't think Agco can list any Iseki models as Iseki because
Agco does not own that name. Here are a few screen shots from
the Agco site of the front axle of a field boss 21.

I'm still struggling to progress this with my dealer. I've asked for a login but it hasn't been forthcoming despite multiple requests. They say Agco are having troubles creating new logins or something. Also, they aren't White dealers so can't access that section anyway.

I'm wondering, Don, if you would be able to dip into Agco's parts list and find the part number and info for the part shown as number 16 in your screenshots, but from the MF 1120 parts lists? I'd really appreciate that, as it's getting really frustrating having the tractor in parts in my workshop and unable to move it for the sake of a little oil seal.

I'm almost ready to just put it together without a seal and just keep pouring oil in each time I use it!

Hopefully, in conjunction with some helpful members and Iseki Japan I have finally found the correct part.

Despite sending Iseki Japan photos of the assembly, the screenshot from Agco and the somewhat illegible serial number from the tractor, they said, "We couldn’t find the machine that match with the one your pictures ". Hmm, makes you wonder how they manage their manufacturing and record keeping!

However they did provide tech drawings of the two possible seals, and one of them appears to be a match - Hooray.
If anyone else is ever looking for this part, it is 149143401410.

The other part I was sent previously is apparently the seal for the axle carrying the front wheel.

If the part I get is not the correct one I'll post back here, otherwise - case closed.
Thanks to all.