Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #11  
I've been dealing with these tractors since 1997. Obviously you don't have a TX2160 front axle. Several models have axles that look like yours. I've come across mislabeled tractors before. What is the engine model?

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint
I've been dealing with these tractors since 1997. Obviously you don't have a TX2160 front axle. Several models have axles that look like yours. I've come across mislabeled tractors before. What is the engine model?

Hi Leonard,
I'm really very sure it's an Iseki. Mitsubishi 3cyl engine as per the specs. (can't remember the exact numbers, but I do know I looked them up once and it all matched with published 2160 specs) Iseki badging down to the serial number (sadly now illegible).

Iseki Japan sent me tech. drawings of two potential seals - one was definitely wrong, the other looked encouraging but a tad small ID.
A local dealer independently identified what they thought the right part was and ordered it in. When I called them I read out the Iseki part number from the tech drawing - it was one digit different (missing). When I looked at Iseki's email it had the same part number listed as the one the dealer gave me.
So I had it posted out.
And it's the right one - hooray.
With an Iseki bag and label.

The seal is a two part affair - a seal and a sealing ring for it to mate onto - I hadn't noticed the ring was a separate part, had to cut it off the kingpin body.

Weird that Iseki is unable to identify their own tractor, and weird that their part numbering is so random, but in the end all's well.

I guess it's possible that it's got a non-Iseki front axle, but then how come Iseki could come up with the tech drawing for the correct seal? Maybe a specific model that didn't get many delivered? Maybe an Australian model only?

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #13  
I can usually identify the tractor by the engine model. A tx2160 should be a hydrostatic model with a K3B engine

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #14  
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I think I've seen that particular front axle design myself on a recently purchased Iseki tractor.

It's a TX155F, which as far as I can tell is a less common TX variant
- Engine model is marked TX2160 K3B, markings on the transmission (near gearshift) say both TX155F and TX1510F
- Matte black muffler rather than the silver you'd expect from the 2000 series.
- No front PTO, but the bodywork allows for one
- Red lettering on the front Iseki badge, no other badge work on the front grill.
- Most of the markings are in Japanese, but there's a smattering of English as well.
- And of course the high-clearance front axle design like the OP photograph

I'm going to go out on a limb and say either the OP has a 155 & it's missing identifying markings, or someone transplanted a 155 front-end on his tractor. I can't help with sourcing parts, and I'm no mechanic, but maybe this is a help for someone identifying their tractor in the future.

Personally I think this model was for the local Japanese market (it was originally imported 2nd hand here, QLD Australia, from Japan), but that's just a guess.

Last edited:
   / Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #15  
Incidentally, if anyone has a pdf of a TX155 parts/owners/workshop manual, I would really appreciate a share. At the moment I'm empty handed. I guess even a wide-ranging 2160 one would do I guess (to cover the K3B engine at least).

/ Iseki TX2160 4WD axle steering joint #16  
I have a manual for the K3B engine, if you message me your email I'll try sending it to you.