Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
The new Massey premium tractors are back with Iseki engines. My uncle has an older Iseki Massey and that is running good. I have a Shibarua in my TC40 and love the engine. I am wondering why Massey stopped building with Shibaura?

The only reason I am asking is that the Iseki has less PTO HP than the similiar Shibaura engines in the previous Massey premium line. Should this be a concern? The new Iseki's will handle my current equipment with the PTO HP. Just wondering why it is less and is Iseki just as good as a Shibaura?

Thanks

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #2  
I had a small Challenger (AGCO/Massey) with an Iseki engine and it was excellent.
Massey probably ended their contract with Shibaura for any number of reasons.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #3  
Iseki may be cheaper, can supply more engines faster, etc.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #4  
Iseki engines have a very good reputation. As a manufacturer is is always better business to use your own engine vs sourcing an engine. I believe the only reason the Shibaura engine was offered is Iseki was still in the process of developing an engine that could meet the current and future stringent emission requirements.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #5  
Iseki engines have a very good reputation. As a manufacturer is is always better business to use your own engine vs sourcing an engine. I believe the only reason the Shibaura engine was offered is Iseki was still in the process of developing an engine that could meet the current and future stringent emission requirements.
Yep!

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #6  
Massey-Ferguson never got the priority or the commitment from Shibaura engines that they needed; As they were manufacturing engines for other tractor manufactures as well; Also you are quite right jeepcj7. Massey- Ferguson was quite elated to have Iseki back onboard, & never looked back. They have had longer relationship with Iseki than what they have had with Shibaura.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #7  
I have a small Iseki tractor. It treats me much better than I treat it.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #8  
I have a small Iseki tractor. It treats me much better than I treat it.
That's good to know; If ever was to go up for sale.

/ Iseki vs Shibaura engines on Massey Premium Compact #9  
Iseki makes more than just the engines… they engineer a lot of the newer tractors. That’s probably on reason