iso 150 gear oil

/ iso 150 gear oil #1  

barticus73

Silver Member
Clarksburg, Pa(Between Indiana and Saltsburg Pa)
Tractor
Cub Cadet 7272,Farmall 544
I need to change the gear oil in my disc mower and it calls for iso 150 gear oil. I am haveing trouble finding gear oil listed at iso 150. Any help on where to purchase this oil?

Thanx

/ iso 150 gear oil #2  
   / iso 150 gear oil
I was hoping someone could give me the standard gear oil weight like sae 85w/140 or such for the ISO 150 rated oil as I don't really want to pay for the iso rated oil. But thanx for your extremely helpful response.

/ iso 150 gear oil #4  
For what you paid for that disc mower, compared to a gallon of any type oil....yeah, its cheap...now go get it. BobG in VA

/ iso 150 gear oil #5  
You did get the standard weight.. read the PDF file about viscosity of that oil I posted... 2nd link

Soundguy

/ iso 150 gear oil #6  
I have many customers that run straight SAE 90 or SAE 80W/90 gear oil where a ISO 150 oil is specified. Either should work just fine for you and will be much easier to locate than a ISO 150. The ISO viscosity is mainly used in industrial applications where SAE is used in automotive/agriculture applications. One main reason is that industrial applications do not require a multi-viscosity oil due to being run in equipment that runs at a constant temperature day after day. Cars, trucks and tractors can see drastic temperature variations due to weather, hence multi-viscosity.