It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #11  
Back when my wife and I were starting to date she came to drive tractor while I picked stones and threw them in the bucket. She goes to the fenceline to dump them and raises the bucket way up without leveling as it rose. Part way up a big rock rolled off the back of the bucket and broke off the hydraulic line for the bucket. bucket dumped fast and the oil shot up into the trees above and came raining down all over her and the tractor. I pretty near had a cramp trying to keep from laughing at her.

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ................... A woman's place is in the kitchen where the worse that they can do is burn the house down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>

Darn.... I expected to get more flack than just two posts!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You fellows are way too serious for me to joke with. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #13  
<font color="red"> "Lady, why don't you go in the kitchen and bake some cookies." </font>

That's classic! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

One of the "vice presidents" of the company who built our house would not talk to my wife. He would call for silly questions that she could have answered herself, but he figured she wasn't capable of answering any question about home construction.
For some reason, he no longer works there. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #14  
I have much the opposite problem you do.. my wife is good at most things she tries.. like renovating houses. But she does surprise me sometimes. I'll never forget walking into a room we had just painted, and watching her nailing up some curtain rod holders. It was a hot day, and she was tired, and we were both sick of the flies buzzing around. One landed about 3 inches from the spot she was hammering in the nail, and without even a second of hesitation she nails the fly with the hammer, making a rather attractive spot of color on the newly painted wall, and goes right back to hammering the nail.. without even a change of expression. I wasn't even certain she was aware of doing it! I realized then that this wasn't a woman to be messed with lightly! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #15  
Re: It Happened Again, She&#8217;s Mechanically Impaired

Boy you shouldn't feel bad, I have 3 of them! not wifes but girls who seem to be able to break everything mechanical they come into contact with!

lets see here. My woman has blown up her chevy about 6 times, and finally got a ford, she blew it up once already, but I fixed it. she broke several mowers, too. the plumbing seems to always have soemthign wrong with it too.

now for the twin 16 yr old girls.. humm first test drive I gave to the first born ended in the car burning to the ground. the otherone ran over about 20- 3~4 yr old pines while mowing. I tried to teach the one how to use the back hoe on the tracttor. Was just digging abig hole, she dropped the bucket into the bottom (which was filling with water ~4" and coated both of us with mucky water! lol) anyhow both of them now don't want to learn how to drive and just try and ask for help mowing or soemthing and this look of fear comes over ME !!!

here is the results of the first drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif http://www.bright.net/~ispike/carfire

now i have you know I'm not complaining MUCH, just wich I could catch up before soemthing else breaks and has to be added to the list!

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #16  
Re: It Happened Again, She&#8217;s Mechanically Impaired

Reminds me of an acquaintance with a teenage daughter who drove her first car without oil until the engine froze. Then, a few days later, did something similar to a second car. Then her mother gave her the keys to daddy's classic Corvette. Needless to say, daddy was not pleased when he got home.

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When it comes to mechanical things, I just don't let her near them. A woman's place is in the kitchen where the worse that they can do is burn the house down. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )</font>

I'll bite.

My wife isn't allowed in the shop for fear she will try to use one of my tools. It wouldn't be so bad but apparently she was taught that every tool has a dual purpose. What it was sold for and as a hammer. But, more importantly, I will not allow her in the kitchen either. I tell you, all you have to do is watch her with a knife for two minutes and it will make your blood run cold. I have tried to give her friendly advice and pointers to make her safer but she is completely unwilling to listen to me.

In fact, just this morning while she was applying a butterfly bandage to the end of my left index finger in an attempt to reattach the portion I cut off and keep it at the length God Gave me, she looked at me and asked why I am always berating her knife technique. I winced through some of the pain and shook my head at the ridiculous question. "Do you see what I did here", I asked.

"Of course I see", she said, "I'm patching it up aren't I?"

Ignoring the sarcasm, I tried to explaining once more how it was only my quick reflexes that stopped this cut from being worse. How my experience in this field is what allowed me to so quickly apply the proper pressure to ensure that the severed portion would heal.

She looked at my other hand, and asked, "Like that one?"

I tapped my right ring finger on the table. Numb as a rock. "Well, it takes time for the nerve damage to heal."

Her eyebrows shot up, "Four years?"

I looked at her and told her that her attitude is the very reason she is not allowed in the shop or the Kitchen. Then once more I informed her that if she would just listen to me she would be so much safer and better off.

She finished with the bandage and said, "Great, then go finish the sandwich you were making for me."

I walked into the kitchen trying to keep my left hand elevated to alleviate the throbbing and smiled to myself. Once more, my logic was too much for her and I was able to keep her out of my kitchen. Foolish woman.

Mike

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #18  
Trev:

Youse be a lucky man. Make use of it.

Egon

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #19  
howes you make out baking the biscuts.

Egon

/ It Happened Again, She’s Mechanically Impaired #20  
There a famous old quote, from a British Capt. in the 18th century:

"Tis apparent that men, in general, are destined for short brutal lives, and women, long miserable ones."

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif