It was bound to happen-

/ It was bound to happen- #11  
Maybe its because the reverse pedal is not a brake /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The brake pedal is on the left side of the tractor where you would expect it to be. )</font>
Good point ! But then again , how often do you brake with your left foot ? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ It was bound to happen- #12  
I guess thats why some of us prefer to have a manual tranny instead of a hydro. Ya got your clutch on the left side and your brake & trottle lever on the right side. Makes sense to me. And as far as hitting things, well us manual guys hit stuff too. Been thewre, done that, many a time!!

/ It was bound to happen- #13  
Actually, having the brake on the left side is relatively new. Most old tractors had the brakes on the right side. Clutch is on the left. My new HST is still that way.

/ It was bound to happen- #14  
Don't feel bad I did the same thing using a John Deere tractor I rented from a rental yard. The pedal placement stinks forward right next to reverse. I panicked and hit forward instead of reverse plowing in deeper into the control box. Believe it or not the single pedal design of the New Holland TC 24D made me feel more secure in what I feel could be panic type scenarios. So I went with the New Holland now my wheels just fall off. That makes me feel real secure /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

George