It was only a matter of time

/ It was only a matter of time #33  
I don't think japanese car manufacturers are perfect.

I just think American car manufacturers are awful.

I've had nothing but great luck with Toyota, from the 2007 Tundra to the 1998 Landcruiser, and a whole lot in between that my family still owns. I wouldn't even buy a pickup till Toyota made it, and have been completely impressed by the Tundra

As have most truck guys who've seen what it can do - picked up my new woods box (SR30) at the trucking depot the other day, and I had a mob around me looking at the thing.

And in the end, lots of people have had experiences like mine, which is why Toyota now sells a lot of vehicles, and makes a profit while the big 3 lose a fortune. If Toyota starts acting like GM now, Hyundai or some such will probably replace them.

Honda makes good cars too IMHO.

/ It was only a matter of time #34  
Charlesaf3 said:
I don't think japanese car manufacturers are perfect.

I just think American car manufacturers are awful.

I've had nothing but great luck with Toyota, from the 2007 Tundra to the 1998 Landcruiser, and a whole lot in between that my family still owns. I wouldn't even buy a pickup till Toyota made it, and have been completely impressed by the Tundra

As have most truck guys who've seen what it can do - picked up my new woods box (SR30) at the trucking depot the other day, and I had a mob around me looking at the thing.

And in the end, lots of people have had experiences like mine, which is why Toyota now sells a lot of vehicles, and makes a profit while the big 3 lose a fortune. If Toyota starts acting like GM now, Hyundai or some such will probably replace them.

Honda makes good cars too IMHO.

American cars are not "awful". Anytime you want to compare trucks, I guarantee my GMC will rock your Toyota's world. :eek:

Actually, if you had your facts straight, you'd see that Ford, Chrysler and Toyota all just recently posted losses.

Ford, Chrysler, Toyota post double-digit July U.S. sales drops

/ It was only a matter of time #35  
   / It was only a matter of time #37  
Builder said:
Because he didn't mention Honda as an automaker posting gains.

Dargo, you look for trouble too much. ;)

You missed it!! How many 'real' pickup trucks does Honda make? How many 'real' SUV's (body on frame) do they make? That and the fact that they can change a plant from making Ridgelines to making Civics in a month's time is keeping them moving. Trouble?! :rolleyes: Let me introduce you to my five kids. I'll show you trouble! If you can imagine, three of them are at that age when they just know that all parents are stupid. Yeah, c'mon over and drink a cold one with me and I'll show you trouble. :eek:

/ It was only a matter of time #38  
OK, I see where you're going-they're not experiencing loses because they don't really build anything that guzzles gas. However, I do see that they are pimping the new "fuel friendly" Pilot with auto cylinder shut off, which they copied from GM. :)

/ It was only a matter of time #39  
Oh, no way the Chinese or Japanese would ever borrow any technology from someone else that may give them a leg up or a competitive advantage. Gees, that would be like saying that Chinese just may violate copyright laws or illegally make knock-offs. No way they'd do that!

Hey, if you can't beat 'em, borrow from them; right?! :D

/ It was only a matter of time #40  
Dargo said:
You missed it!! How many 'real' pickup trucks does Honda make? How many 'real' SUV's (body on frame) do they make? That and the fact that they can change a plant from making Ridgelines to making Civics in a month's time is keeping them moving. Trouble?! :rolleyes: Let me introduce you to my five kids. I'll show you trouble! If you can imagine, three of them are at that age when they just know that all parents are stupid. Yeah, c'mon over and drink a cold one with me and I'll show you trouble. :eek:

Actually Honda's truck(?) losses were horrendous enough to take their large double digit % profit down to a single digit % profit...:rolleyes: