It will not take off but it will fly!

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #11  
definition of landing

Does it return to earth in a controlled manner or does it randomly react to the forces of gravity.:D

Now I've been thinking about that conveyer belt again. To me it would seem like a fast moving conveyor set up for a plane to land on should be able to reduce the length of the runway by a considerable amount. :D

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #12  
NorthwestBlue said:
After reading a lot of Schmism's thread "will it take off?" and entering my explanation and answer (post 342 if you're interested... who would've thunk it, throw an airplane question at a bunch of tractor folks and you'll keep em' busy for weeks) my boys and I decided to make our entrant in the conveyor belt vs. airplane competition.

Hope you like it, we did.

Awsome machine! Nice job. :D

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #13  
It's not often you see a canard design with twin counterrotating ford powered props. It's beautiful, and of course it flies.

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #14  
I love it. Kinda reminds me of something Tim the tool man Taylor would come up with.

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #15  
Does that qualify as a ROPS?

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #16  
NorthwestBlue said:
N80: :D :DDepends on your definition of landing. :eek:

Many years ago my flight instructor said a landing is anything you can walk away from.

With all the reports of planes landing in corn fields this aircraft may be approved by the FAA. It could make a forced landing a lot safer.

I have always wondered if the "Will it Fly" post referred to the plane or the post. The post sure took off. :)

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #17  
Hmmm, now THAT would definitely speed up the bush hogging and significantly reduce the possibility of hitting one of those bone jarring ruts I have in the field. :D

I wonder if I can get one in Orange? :rolleyes:

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #18  
ccsial said:
Many years ago my flight instructor said a landing is anything you can walk away from.
Now that's a "good" landing. A "great" landing is when the plane is actually reusable!:D

/ It will not take off but it will fly! #19  
Bring On that conveyer belt.

Attachments

• afterburn.jpg
    afterburn.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 150
   / It will not take off but it will fly! #20  
A catapult will make anything fly!

mark