Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #1  

Daver1963

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT w/LA524 FEL, Cub Cadet XT1
This is pretty neat. I wonder if he used a GPS.
Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field | NBC4 Washington

italian+plows+jfk+image.jpg

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #2  
I admire the skill and talent it took to do this, buy why would an Italian farmer want a US President who has been dead for over 40 years in his field?

Eddie

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #4  
I admire the skill and talent it took to do this, buy why would an Italian farmer want a US President who has been dead for over 40 years in his field?

Eddie

Good question Eddie...........maybe it's his 15 minutes.

Charlie

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #5  
Maybe just because Kennedy represented an iconic moment in Western European Cold War history, continuing to supply W. Berlin via an airlift after the Berlin Wall was completed 22 months before he made his "Ich bin ein Berliner" speech.

Ich bin ein Berliner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To an anti-communist Italian, or one who is grateful that Soviet expansion was resisted, that would be significant.

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #6  
I understand the history of Germany, the Wall and Kennedy, but fail to understand what Italy has to do with it or why they would find Kennedy somehow significant?

Eddie

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #8  
From Rome to Berlin is 986 miles. Northern Italy would be 1/3 less than that, or about the same as Houston to Amarillo (600 miles). Nothing is very far away in Europe.

We tend to focus on Germany and Berlin, but Soviet expansion would have affected all the countries bordering the old Iron Curtain. IIRC, Italy and Greece, for example, had active communist political factions during that era.

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field
Italians I'm sure had a thing for Kennedy too being that he was Catholic, that is where the Vatican is located, and Italy is (according to this chart) 95.88% Catholic.
As for the American stance on Communism, while stationed in southern Italy from 1986-88 the Communist party of Italy protested our presence one day and it basically locked down the base for the entire day. No one was allowed on or off until they dispersed. Italy also bordered Yugoslavia (Communist) and was directly across the Adriatic Sea from Albania (Communist).

/ Italian Artist Plows JFK Portrait in Field #10  
I hope the CIA doesn't send a drone and blow up Kennedy's head
(again) :eek: