Italian Made

/ Italian Made #1  

just_toolin

Tractor
Kioti DK40 w/ 1470 loader
Does anybody have any experience or knowledge with newer Italian made tractors? I have read various blurbs from the manufactures websites including innovation and 1st in the industry awards. I haven't found much information on this forum concerning reliability, construction quality, etc. The reason I ask is that I overheard some gentlemen speaking at the Wisconsin Farm Technology days that the Italian made tractors did not have a good reputation, made me wonder???

/ Italian Made #2  
Aren't some of the New Holland tractors made in Italy? I believe the TN series is but I'm not sure of the others. From experience, the TN is a find tractor compared to any of it's size.

/ Italian Made #3  
My experience with Italian cares indicates to me that the design and workmanship are great. Unfortunately Italy is far down the list of raw materials. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Italian Made #4  
FIAT = Fix It Again Tony. Sorry just could not pass that up.

I am not sure about the newer Italian tractors, but friends of mine who worked on them in past years were not impressed.

/ Italian Made #5  
Guys,

I can speak to this question because my TN came with a sticker on it "made in italy".
One h*&^ of a fine machine, can't say enough good things about.
I use it hard and have plenty of hours and no problems. I bet all the other folks who have NH utilities will agree that there is nothing wrong with italian made machines to say the very least.

Fred

/ Italian Made #6  
don't have any idea of the tractors made in italy, will just state that were an item is made a lot of times does not tell u it's quality. there is stuff made in the U.S.A. that is garbage, and stuff made in italy that is garbage, but on the other hand did u ever drive a FERARIE? OR A LAMBORGINI? GET MY DRIFT? what ever tractror u are looking at , u will have to decide if it is worth the $$$ and if it is well made.

/ Italian Made #7  
Ferrari or lamborghini ? There was a class action suit angainst Lmaborghini a few years ago in FL under the lemon law . It seems the owners could not keep their 170 K machines running /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Italian Made #8  
My brother has restored both ferrari's and lamborghinis'. I've spent a lot of time in his garage and can say that they are tempermental and not very robust machines. However, most people who buy them aren't looking for 100k miles of reliable driving - they're looking for a sexy ride.

/ Italian Made #9  
Yeah, I guess if you can afford one you can also afford at least a part time mechanic /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Italian Made #10  
i know! don't really want one just wish i could afford one if i wanted it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, and if i had a lamborgini, and it was not working properly then i would just climb in the jaguar and toddel off the the summer place /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif going to pinch myself and toddle of to work now : /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif