Itchy trigger finger

/ Itchy trigger finger #1  

hypotenoose

Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45SE HST
Hello TBN!

I am a long time follower, but first time poster. I am amazed at the collective knowledge on this site; you are truly a great resource!

Now that I have greased the skids, I have a very serious question to ask. :) I have been tractor hunting for several months now and feel I have found a really good buy. A seemingly fair buy if nothing else. I, however, would be remiss if I did not solicit the brethren and sistren of TBN to opine on the matter. Also, my trigger finger is getting very itchy. Not sure I can hold out another month without a new tractor. :licking:

My local Kioti dealer is offering to sell me a new (yet to be assembled) 2011 DK45 HST (loaded tires, field ready) with KL401 FEL and new 6' Kioti heavy duty rotary cutter (RBCS72) for $23,900. Based on my research of pricing from other dealers and similarly featured tractors from other brands, this feels like a pretty fair deal. This is a very stable dealer, having been around for 30+ years.

What say you TBN?

/ Itchy trigger finger #2  
That sounds like a fair deal. If the dealer is close and has a good rep, go with him/her. Remember, your going to need parts, about a thousand pins that just disappear into some black hole and you may need warranty service(I just did for a head gasket). I was in a bind and asked for a loaner tractor and my guy didn't hesitate. Can you beat his price a little if you shop hundreds of miles away? Possibly...but to me it ain't worth it.

Think about adding another set of rear remotes, a set of pallet forks(which will be one of the most used Q/A attachments) and ask for him to throw in the 50 hr service(filters alone are almost a hundred bucks).

Great tractor, good luck!

/ Itchy trigger finger
Sound advice MotorSeven. :thumbsup: Didn't think to ask about the 50 hour service. I'm with you. I might be able to find it cheaper a few hundred miles away (yet tried and haven't), but feel my local dealer will be a great asset down the road.

Will check on the fee for another set of rear remotes and a set of pallet forks. I might pay less for these extras at tractor purchase time. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

/ Itchy trigger finger #4  
That looks like a good price to me. The reason for going new is the warranty. Unless you can haul the tractor yourself easily, I would pay a bit more to get get from a dealer close by. And your right this site is awesome.

/ Itchy trigger finger #5  
Sounds pretty good to me, my dealer quoted the same machine for $24k without a cutter when the Canuck buck would buy $1.04 US.