It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252!

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Ive been wanting a bigger mig for a long time, pretty much since I bought my (too) small mig about 15 years ago:D

Having run Miller Millermatic 250's and 251's for work and having a couple minutes on a 252, I knew what my new welder was going to be:) And it wasnt going to be green... Ive been saving for a year to make this purchase. Cost wise, my LWS gave me a better price than Canadian and US online retailers, and that was even before considering shipping. Very, very good pricing. I will admit I did consider the Thermal Arc 252i, but do to COO and the fact it was more money than the MM252 it was a no braner to stay with blue. On top of that Miller has always treated me good, better than good actually, and their tech line is amongst the best Ive ever seen.

So here it is.. in all its glory!

Everything expected is there right out of the box! No missing gas hoses, hose clamps, and it had the correct drive rolls installed! Unlike some of the competitors.

Yeah.. pretty much bleed Blue.;)

Even my helmet is Blue lol.

LWS even threw in a 20kg spool of .035. Thats $70 right there! I couldnt have got a better deal anywheres else.

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #2  
:thumbsup:Cool Scoob!! Great machines, Enjoy!!!

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #3  
$70 is a lot for a spool of wire if you had to buy it. One of the biggest differences with the Miller over the Thermal Arc is if you look at the drive roll set up. The Miller uses a heavier cast aluminum assembly with bigger drive rolls. MM 252's are a nice machine. Just be careful not to abuse/drop the gun or drag the machine around with it. For a home shop/single operator, the Miller gun is fine. In a commercial operation with multiple users and abusers, it's better to put on a heavier duty gun like a Bernard. I only say this because I worked in an oilfield fab shop that had 6 252's and just about as many Miller guns hanging on the wall that needed fixing or were beyond repair. Again for personal use, the Miller gun is fine. If you got it under $2300 with the wire would be a pretty good deal. Usually see them sell around $2400 without a spool of wire.

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252!
$70 is a lot for a spool of wire if you had to buy it. One of the biggest differences with the Miller over the Thermal Arc is if you look at the drive roll set up. The Miller uses a heavier cast aluminum assembly with bigger drive rolls. MM 252's are a nice machine. Just be careful not to abuse/drop the gun or drag the machine around with it. For a home shop/single operator, the Miller gun is fine. In a commercial operation with multiple users and abusers, it's better to put on a heavier duty gun like a Bernard. I only say this because I worked in an oilfield fab shop that had 6 252's and just about as many Miller guns hanging on the wall that needed fixing or were beyond repair. Again for personal use, the Miller gun is fine. If you got it under $2300 with the wire would be a pretty good deal. Usually see them sell around $2400 without a spool of wire.

I agree, the m25 is a bit of a lightweight. In the fab shop I worked in, all the rigs ran Bernard's too. But for me,I think it'll hold up fine.

I got the welder and wire for under $2200!

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #6  
$70 is a lot for a 44lb spool of wire?

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #8  
Good luck with it bud, and sounds like you got a great deal.

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #9  
I had a chance to use a MM 252 in a welding class. Wow. Nice welder. Love the look and feel of spray arc transfer.

/ It's big, it's blue.. it's a 252! #10  
Under $2200 is a great price, especially if you bought it at Air Liquide. Blueshield likes a lot for their stuff. Their 7018 is worth paying more for but the S6 wire isn't anything special compared to any other S6. Where I was working, we sold 44lb. spools of S6 .035 for $55.