Buying Advice It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #1  

LostintheNW

Tractor
None yet
Well the final two. The Mahindra comes in at $27,300 and the Kubota L3800 at $28,400.

Mahindra has 5 year no deductible warranty. Kubota has 2 year bumper to bumper and 3 years engine power train.

Mahindra is 29hp at the pto. Kubota is 30.

Mahindra comes with a quick release loader bucket. Kubota wants another $600.

Mahindra says loader lifting capacity is higher.

Mahindra says they are cheaper for maintenance and better on fuel usage. Which they say will save significant $$$ over the years.

I'm really struggling with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #2  
Make sure to check the Kubota for jerky hitch. It may or may not do it and you might not even care if you don't do much 3 point work.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800
This L3800 is equipped with a backhoe. How would I check for jerky hitch?

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #4  
This L3800 is equipped with a backhoe. How would I check for jerky hitch?

Put a heavy implement on and slowly go up and down, it will jump if it has it. Don't know if they new ones even do that.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #5  
Well the final two. The Mahindra comes in at $27,300 and the Kubota L3800 at $28,400.

Mahindra has 5 year no deductible warranty. Kubota has 2 year bumper to bumper and 3 years engine power train.

Mahindra is 29hp at the pto. Kubota is 30.

Mahindra comes with a quick release loader bucket. Kubota wants another $600.

Mahindra says loader lifting capacity is higher.

Mahindra says they are cheaper for maintenance and better on fuel usage. Which they say will save significant $$$ over the years.

I'm really struggling with this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sounds like "salesman speak"Of course they are going to knock the other guy.I doubt you would much difference in fuel usage.Ask both to break down of cost for first 200 hours service.filters ,fluid ect.and then you compare.

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #6  
How close are Kubota parts and service to you?

How close are Mahindra parts and service to you?

Last edited:
   / It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #7  
We were in the same spot about 6 weeks ago... it was close and then the Kubota Dealer had a harvest return come in with 93 hours and full warranty and that clinched it.

Ended up with the L3800, Quick Attach Loader, Top-n-Tilt, Land Pride Box Blade, Back Hoe, Land Pride Bush Hog, Industrials, Pallet Forks and have been very pleased with the combination...

The Mahindra was definitely a contender... it just priced out higher being new vs the Kubota Harvest return...

The Kubota did have the 50 hour service also..

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #8  
40% more loader lift capacity is quite a bit, about 500lbs difference. 30% higher 3pt capacity, about 600lbs . All things to consider. Is there one that you are simply more comfortable being on? Something else that you should think about.

Good luck ;)

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #9  
They are not quite apples to apples.. the Mahindra is in a slightly larger class than the Kubota.. 500 more lbs on the loader, 650 lbs more on the 3pt. Larger tires and wheels. Mahindra has telescoping stabilizers. Hum.. lets see.. more tractor more warranty.. less money... I dunno..:)

/ It's come down to Mahindra 3616 and Kubota L3800 #10  
40% more loader lift capacity is quite a bit, about 500lbs difference. 30% higher 3pt capacity, about 600lbs . All things to consider. Is there one that you are simply more comfortable being on? Something else that you should think about.

Good luck ;)

Ha!.. looks like we came up with some of the same things!:thumbsup: