It's here, it's here!

/ It's here, it's here! #1  

iamhistory

Tractor
Kioti NX5010, Kubota B7800, International-560 gas, John Deere 2155
I got a pleasant surprise this afternoon when I went down to my dealer to give him some paperwork and do some business on something other than my new B7800. He told me he was getting ready to come out to my place to deliver the 7800!! I wasn't expecting him until possibly Monday after he informed me of some delays when he was supposed to deliver yesterday.

I watched them load the equipment and he followed me home. After a brief tutorial on the basic ins and outs of the Kubota he was off and I was getting ready to rock. I played around a while with the loader, 4x4, mmm, etc. to get a feel for things and then started on the hefty task of mowing my 6 acre lawn. That MMM is a beast and really cuts well. I need some time to get used to it b/c it is far superior to anything I've ever used before. The loader is pretty nice too. Very snappy and seems sturdily built. I didn't play with the blade or bush hog yet but I will this weekend.

One thing I noticed immediately is the lightweight of the 7800. I'm used to much bigger equipment and this thing is highly maneuverable but very light. I even got the rear tires filled with Rimguard and heavy weight on the loader picked the back end right up off the ground. I'll definitely need to keep the blade on for some balance.

I got about 1/2 my mowing done in an hour when it usually takes me 6 with my normal mower and that's no lie.

This weekend I am going to practice taking the mmm and loader off and on to see how it goes. I'm sure there will be a learning curve since I've never had anything quite this nice when it comes to equipment. I've already dug out a small tree with the bucket, mowed my shooting range a few trails and part of my yard, moved some dirt, and tested the 4x4. At first I thought it was small but as I tested it out a bit, I began to see the strengths and as I said before, hopefully there won't be many times that I get that "I should've gotten the 3400...." feeling. I think mostly because I'm used to a John Deere 2155 and a IH 560 (MONSTER) both with much larger everything. I'm really liking this 7800 so far and there is no doubt it'll earn its keep at our house. I already have 2 and a half hours on it and I just got it at five o'clock this afternoon. I'm looking forward to getting back on in the morning.

/ It's here, it's here! #2  
Congrats!! When you get a chance, how 'bout some pictures of your new tractor and your lawn. I had to settle for a BX2350, its a great machine, but it takes me about 6 hrs to mow 6 acres with it.

/ It's here, it's here! #3  
Welcome to TBN, and congratulations on the new tractor. I'm surprised your still up, having to get up early to start on your list of projects and all that.:D Might take a minute and fill out your profile with some information (area where your located, etc).

/ It's here, it's here! #4  
Congrat's on your new tractor. :)
But we need pictures. :rolleyes:
You will need some ballast on back of your tractor when using FEL. Either make a ballast box or get a Kubota box and fill it with concrete. Here is a picture of mine.
15875d1063704007-rear-weights-317084-weightbox.jpg

/ It's here, it's here! #5  
Congratulations! Take some jpegs and post them! What size MMM? Next the wish list of implements and attachments....rake, tiller, BH, snow thrower, etc.