It's now open YanDeere season

/ It's now open YanDeere season #61  
I wonder how many members here own a Yandeere? Or how many have painted their Yanmar's in John Deere green and made the conversion themselves?

/ It's now open YanDeere season #62  
Is my 650 considered a YanDeere??

ykaP24n.jpg

If I were to hide the dent in the hood with flames, like I did on my Gravely,,,

C3lM1rn.jpg

would the resultant machine be called Venison??

:unsure:, `~ ' .:eek:

:ROFLMAO:
Any machine can be improved by adding flames. From my 98 Ranger to my 02 Miata. The Kioti might get some flames soon.

/ It's now open YanDeere season
Found another YanDeere

YM3110

The paint job looks great. Just the missing front black grill is all it needs. Built on the JD950 style frame and rear fenders.

YM3110-yandeere.jpg

Someone eye-spied this YANDEERE and sent me an email for posting.

This is one of those SUPER RARE, less than 2,000 units made, a real YM177.
The machine is so narrow, it fits on a 4.5FT wide lawn trailer.

YM177-JD670.jpg

269681822_4984614331569150_7777167103343990937_n.jpg

269793051_6619680241440652_6244594494333251524_n.jpg

The YM177 is the fore runner to the YM1700.

YM177-YM1700年表_ill-4.jpg

This was never a Japan export nor a YM 3-digit domestic model to the AU, US nor UK.

tractor_2115873115.jpg

The YM177 lives on in the early YM1300 Tree Frog front fascia.

ym177.jpg

It was the first model to offer the Yanmar Tool box. Notice the grease gun in this kit.
No other tool box had that as OE.

YANMAR YM177 TOOL BOX.jpg

Should anyone need the RARE parts manual, it's attached.

Attachments

• YANMAR YM177 PARTS MANUAL 002197.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 112
YANDEERE

Yanmar F18D Super Forte

F18D Super Forte.jpg

I spy in literally my backyard in the next town of Broadhead, WI as of this posting ...

YM240---th-459744906.jpg

Somebody back then was really afraid of "But what will the neighbors say if they know I buy foreign?" :p
The price is attractive. Yet for about $2K to rebuild the engine and get it up to par isn't worth it for a 2-cyl. If it was a 3-cyl, then yes it would be worth it to do.

I'm not a fan of the Yanmar hammer 2-cyl loud noise engines. The mellow noise 3-cyl is nice to the ears.

It caught my eye being in the next town to the west. For such a local area I live in, I've now come across over 5 vintage Yanmars. Your location should see many more as the ports of landing are out there. Out here in the far reaches of the mid-west, its odd.

/ It's now open YanDeere season #70  
The price is attractive. Yet for about $2K to rebuild the engine and get it up to par isn't worth it for a 2-cyl.

I'm not a fan of the Yanmar hammer 2-cyl loud noise engines. The mellow noise 3-cyl is nice to the ears.

Your location should see many more as the ports of landing are out there. Out here in the far reaches of the mid-west, its odd.
"Runs but needs overhaul". For casual use I think it would be worth the gamble to just run it as-is until the day you can't get it started. Then swap in your truck battery to see if that will crank it better. A $100 battery and a starter rebuild might give you several years use. I think difficult starting is the only significant issue it is likely to have if its 'worn out'.

Brakes are NBD. Swap leading/trailing shoes, clean the actuation levers that tend to get stuck, good as new!

I was the final owner of numerous cars when I was young and poor. Buy someone's problem, diagnose and fix, and I've won the gamble many more times than I've lost. (But the $100 Mercedes with tempered steel timing chain fragments throughout everything was a lost gamble. Lost $50 on that one. :))

The YM240 I've owned since 2003 would meet the description of that unit you posted. A stuck brake, idiot lights dangling by my knee, a 'rebuilt' (amateur!) starter that would hardly crank it, and worst of all, years-old high sulphur rancid fuel from the guy's abandoned farm tank that would hardly burn, the fumes scalded the eyes. On a tractor that was fundamentally sound after remedying years of user neglect. After a month of minor tinkering back then, its been dead reliable for near two decades now.

Yeah the racket from these is aggravating. The Sound of Raw Power! Today I spent a couple of hours on the YM240 backhoeing out dead stumps in the orchard. HF's better ear muffs were essential, without that I would still be deaf from the clatter.

Location? I think the importers, then later VN retailers, were located everywhere a small utility tractor was suitable, along with anywhere with huge suburban lawns. California has only a little of the latter and almost none of the former. Ag here is corporate, industrial scale, they buy new. Likely lease. Craigslist Yanmars are rare around here.