It's POOL TIME...by yourself

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself #1  

Dan Hunter

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 John Deere 3720 eHydro
I've always been frustrated by organic litter entering my pool. My sculper just can't keep up. I built a jet that plugs in to where the pool sweep attaches. It enhances the circular motion of the water in the pool and blasts material floating on the surface into the net. It's quite efficient.

20200406_100022.jpg

20200406_100050.jpg

20200406_095945.jpg

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself #2  
Our above ground pool return is quite powerful. It makes a nice lazy river in our pool. When we're not in the poo, I put a pool noodle in the skimmer and it guides everything in there quite well.

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself #3  
Our above ground pool return is quite powerful. It makes a nice lazy river in our pool. When we're not in the poo, I put a pool noodle in the skimmer and it guides everything in there quite well.

Yes, definitely stay away from the poo... :)

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself #4  
I've always been frustrated by organic litter entering my pool. My sculper just can't keep up. I built a jet that plugs in to where the pool sweep attaches. It enhances the circular motion of the water in the pool and blasts material floating on the surface into the net. It's quite efficient.

View attachment 649521

View attachment 649522

View attachment 649523

Great idea, but doesnt your pool have a skimmer with a hinged door that traps all those nasty floaty things?

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself
Great idea, but doesnt your pool have a skimmer with a hinged door that traps all those nasty floaty things?

Yes, but it's tremendously less efficient than the net and keeping trash out of the plumbing reduces backwash frequency.

/ It's POOL TIME...by yourself #8  
My pool is a little chilly right now!!

standard.jpg

It's warming up though...

SR