It's your fault!

/ It's your fault! #11  
Re: It\'s your fault!

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( OK, I've seen a bunch of posts thanking TBN folks for helping with a tractor purchase, but to be honest, those posts should mostly say it's all your fault! )</font>
Yes, and we're going to keep spending your money until it's all gone, or you have nothing else that will fit on your property!
All in the hopes that your last days on Earth are good ones! John

/ It's your fault! #12  

Small price to pay for all that fun. Larry

/ It's your fault! #13  

I feel your pain Cliff, in fact the Hobart 180 is on my list right now. Got a gift card from my guys at work that covers a portion so it's that much more affordable, right???

I think your therapy lies in restoration work. Get an old tractor and bring new life back to it.

Either that or construction. Everyone needs a new barn for the tractor and various implements.

Of course, once you have the barn, and have designed it right, you'll need and RV to fill that big center opening. Plenty of fun to be had in and RV.

Not a landlubber. A boat is basically an RV that floats. Of course it all costs just that much more but why scrimp.

Don't like to travel? How about a nice home hobby. Woodworking is fun. You've seen Norm on PBS, right? You could set yourself up like him for just a couple of bucks... I think.

Gardening? More tractor attachments and tractor time. Nothing wrong with that. I've been considering a tiller myself. Do they come in brown, to match my thumb color?

Yes, there is really no end to it, is there?

Most importantly... enjoy whatever you do /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ It's your fault! #14  

Now now Cliff Its not all that bad... Seeing my wife paid for my goodies. She must think its better then a mistess. I hate to tell her that my blue girl out in the shead doesnt say NO to a ride slow or fast..

/ It's your fault!

You know, you guys aren't helping.

Though I am thinking about a small restoration project. Perhaps a little old metal lawn tractor wagon that needs a little rust removal and some paint, or maybe a John Deere B . . . yeah, or maybe a crawler -- a TD9 or somthing. Of course to get it in the back yard, I'd have to take down 7 or 8 70' siberian elms and a yew bush the size of a short school bus . . . but I have a tractor. I could dig the stumps out at least. Then I'd need a box blade to get the access flat and smooth so I could move the restoration project into the back. Maybe a heated building, so I could work on it in the winter when I can't really do much with the tractor.

Hey wait a minute . . .

Cliff

/ It's your fault! #16  

Yep.

And some things others (me) have gotten into because of this board....

RTV's - like using a wheel barrel wasn't good enough lugging up and down those hills.
Space for the RTV - It lives in the garage attached to the house. Wonder where I park my truck?
Space for the tractor AND implements, you did say you protect those high dollar use once a year attachments?
More land, less house - Now that you have the proper equipment, you realize that the land calls you. You have this desire to obtain more space. So you end up moving to a farm.

Yep, and just think many years ago, you were so darn happy with that lawn mower....

-Happy Holidays.
-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It's your fault! #17  

I like the idea of the D9...

Go get a chainsaw to take down the trees...and don't forget that once ya take down them trees...then ya gotta get a sawmill so you can saw them into lumber to build the heated garage....and a BIG chipper to chip the slabs, so you can put the chips on the bare spot where you cut down the trees...and a light material bucket to move the sawdust from the mill to landscape around the new shop...

Then when you get the D9 runnin' ...you can use it to take down them trees....................that ain't there anymore /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

So, now you need a backhoe to dig the holes...so you can plant new trees..............
icon_rolleyes.gif

GareyD
Proud inventor of the perpetual thangs to do!!!

/ It's your fault! #18  

Can't be my fault. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
I retired so that I can keep up with TBN, finish my tractor projects and look for new tractor attachments. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
It seems like I am falling behind on all three of these task. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It's your fault! #19  

"Between Jeeps and Tractors the kids will get darn little when we are gone!"

That is the legacy I'm leaving my kids. They better learn to like tractors, cause all their gettin' is 2 houses and 2 tractors when I'm gone.

/ It's your fault! #20  

Tractors are like boats. when I take the boat out for the winter I just fill a bucket with cash and throw it off the dock just to keep things normal.