I've got some big news!

/ I've got some big news! #1  

shawnrogan

Tractor
Kioti CK30
I\'ve got some big news!

I've got some big news, the parts finally came through, and I'm holdin the keys to a brand new CK30. Have you been outside, sure is a nice night, how about a little test drive down by the lake? There's a place I know about, where the dirt road runs out, we can try out the 4wd. Cmon now what do you say, girl I can hardely wait- TO GET A LITTLE MUD ON THE TIRES!!
My ck30 TLB arrived last night courtesy of Rick and Amy @ Wallace Tractor. Have not had a chance to even read the manual, but am looking forward to a weekend of figuring it out.
Thank you to all the TBN folks who gave me their advice, it lead to my descision and to my dealer. This site rocks!

I'll post pic's shortly, but here's what I got
CK30 gear with 18" backhoe, 60 " loader
Canopy, 4 worklights, brush guard, 3 hooks welded to loader bucket (2 cinch, 1 slip) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looking forward to many projects and many years of quality Kioti ownership.

/ I've got some big news! #2  
Re: I\'ve got some big news!

Sounds good Shawn, best of luck to you and your new tractor. I like the looks of the Kioti's.

/ I've got some big news! #3  

I'm jealous........ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Starting to get a little impatient with my Kioti order! Yours is nicely rigged, your fix'in to have a great time, Enjoy!

/ I've got some big news! #4  

Congratulations!!! You are gonna love it. Now go have some fun....oops I mean go get some work done. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ I've got some big news! #5  

Well grab that camera, you know we gotta have pictures. Congratulations

Steve

/ I've got some big news! #6  

So you bought a new CK30. Who cares? WE DO! Congratulations. Sounds like you got enough equip. to keep you very busy for a little while, and when the "thrill" starts to rub off, you'll be out buying more implements.
John

/ I've got some big news!

Got a few hours on the new machine over the weekend, dug out my first small stump- tougher than I thought it would be. But of course I'm learning the controls. Moved some rocks that have been in my way for 4 years- AMAZING what the CK30 can move. I easily moved stones that the backhoe could not lift. What is the optimal engine rpm for the hydraulics?? I've only been running at 1500 rpms thus fa,r, and don't plan to run any higher until I get many more hours on her. Going to definetly fabricate a thumb for the BH because I've got a lot of stone to move and walls to rebuild. Also got a second hand York rake that I've been dying to pull up and down my 1/2 mile gravel driveway. Can't wait to get some seat time!!

/ I've got some big news! #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've only been running at 1500 rpms thus fa,r, and don't plan to run any higher until I get many more hours on her. )</font>
There's no reason to run at such low RPM, as a matter of fact, that's low enough that you'll be lugging the engine down a good bit when you're doing any serious work. I recommend that you run it as you're going to later on. Using the backhoe should be good around 1800-2200 being careful on the swing as that seems to be the fastest movement you'll have.
If you're going to run a PTO implement, go ahead and run at the 540 mark.
It's much more damaging in the break in period to lug the tractor down a lot than running at higher speeds. Doing heavy duty work at low RPM is probably not the best way.
Most posters seem to favor simply using the tractor as you will always use it, but as I said, just don't lug the engine down. You won't hurt it, and the engine parts will meld just fine in the first 50 hours. Then follow the service schedule and change all the fluids and filters.
One good thing is to always warm the tractor for at least 5 minutes before you start working it. In cold weather, up that appropriately, and make sure you don't use the hydraulics until they're warmed good as the viscosity will be too thick until it's warmed. That can damage the pump.
I wish you great tractoring. You have a wonderful tractor.
John

/ I've got some big news! #9  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've only been running at 1500 rpms thus fa,r, and don't plan to run any higher until I get many more hours on her. )</font>

In my opinion, you're doing a lot more harm than good. Like KiotiJohn said, speed that thing up. You are NOT going to hurt it running it at PTO speed; just vary the RPM pretty frequently.

/ I've got some big news! #10  

Congratulations Shawn, Like John said, dont be afraid to turn up the rpms.. Also get youself a toothbar, it will make your stump removal alot easier.. Also just a tip, if you plan on small tree removal, push the tress over with your loader instead of cutting them down with a chainsaw,, the whole root ball will come out for you and you save alot of time.. Matt