Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #191  
They were at Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital. My dad was a professor of surgery there for 2 years and my mom taught English.

I think most tractor people in this forum would be most interested in a chipper that would handle up to 4-6 inch diameter wood (10-15 cm). Smaller chippers are not as useful, in my opinion.

Marcus

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here
Thank you for you suggestion

To find customer in US market, I'm searching for those US dealer of big brand company, but few response me, I'm now a little confusing of it, generally I send email to them and sometimes I made a little phone call. I don't if there is any wrong about this method.

Is there any suggestion to me?

And Mr moderator, please inform me if these remark is not allowed. thank you.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #194  
Jack this is just my opinion. Companies you would be interested in get so much e-mails and phone calls they are often handled by a receptionist. To do business proposals I think you would be better off with written communication directed to the marketing department. Better yet would be to find the name of the department head through some internet searches. I would include as much information about your company as I could to show you are more than a one person or two person company. Good luck.

MarkV

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #195  
Jack this is just my opinion. Companies you would be interested in get so much e-mails and phone calls they are often handled by a receptionist. To do business proposals I think you would be better off with written communication directed to the marketing department. Better yet would be to find the name of the department head through some internet searches. I would include as much information about your company as I could to show you are more than a one person or two person company. Good luck.

MarkV

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

use a rifle not a shotgun, always need to find the right person, the "decision maker" and not waste your
time and theirs on talking to a person without the right purchasing or decision making authority.

And any improvements to your website are always worthwhile. First place you'll get checked out is on your website.
Worth spending the money on it.

There are lots of companies here in the US making the same products your company does. Some of them are long time advertisers and members of this forum. You could represent new competition to them, or maybe an opportunity. Best to focus on the opportunity perception.

Does your company have the engineering ability to create a "premium" product or are you just basically copying existing designs and leveraging the advantage of low labor costs to sell your products? Most of us in this forum are very familiar with Harbor Freight. We know what their
marketing vision is = "ridiculously low prices", or so they say. Do you just want to focus on low price or can you offer a product advantage?

If you understand the marketing vision of the companies you target for solicitation, you will have something to talk about other than the weather before you get down to your presentation.

MarkV

Thank you very much. In fact we now have three International sales manager, we will take care about this to contact the decision maker. we often meet this problem about receptionist. For example, I have contacted with a Australia company which import Korea product, I contacted with the receptionist by email several times and she told me she had handled my catalog to her boss, but when I make a phone call to her boss last week, then he told me that he never received my catalog, maybe he forgot it, I don't know.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

use a rifle not a shotgun, always need to find the right person, the "decision maker" and not waste your
time and theirs on talking to a person without the right purchasing or decision making authority.

And any improvements to your website are always worthwhile. First place you'll get checked out is on your website.
Worth spending the money on it.

There are lots of companies here in the US making the same products your company does. Some of them are long time advertisers and members of this forum. You could represent new competition to them, or maybe an opportunity. Best to focus on the opportunity perception.

Does your company have the engineering ability to create a "premium" product or are you just basically copying existing designs and leveraging the advantage of low labor costs to sell your products? Most of us in this forum are very familiar with Harbor Freight. We know what their
marketing vision is = "ridiculously low prices", or so they say. Do you just want to focus on low price or can you offer a product advantage?

If you understand the marketing vision of the companies you target for solicitation, you will have something to talk about other than the weather before you get down to your presentation.

In fact the first thing what I did when I came to this company, is to change the website. so is there something need to improve about the website? or which website should we learn to do?

We want to be the new competitor of those big brand company, such like Land pride, Bush hog, Rhino. Last month I asked Schulte's saler in a China exhibition, he told me the same model's end user price, Schulte's price is nearly 8 times as ours, we study their exhibition carefully, not too much better than ours. So I think we should have some market share in US.

To be honest, most of our products are copying from others, we bought some containers of sample from oversea market, then copy them, and sometimes we made some improvement if necessary. In fact we didn't show all our new products on our website, because we are afraid of our competitor in China to copy from us. That's the reason why the photo on our website seem not very well. we are now making a new design product that never seen in US, we are thinking about apply for US patent for that in the future. So, the first for us is difficult, even our company is 7 month old, but we now have over 80 kinds of products, we are keeping going.

I look at the Harbor Freight's products and I check their record in China Custom, many Chinese supplier for them, I think they must have a group of stuff in China to purchase products. I have a glance for them, if the full marks is 100, I think I will give them 90 for average.

Your last sentence about the marketing vision, it enlighten me something. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
   / Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #198  
To be honest, most of our products are copying from others, we bought some containers of sample from oversea market, then copy them, and sometimes we made some improvement if necessary.
Just a note, generally that is considered Patent Infringement here is the US and if you made a close enough copy (and the company who's products you copied takes it to court), they can have your products that are copied from theirs held in customs and not allowed to enter the US...

Aaron Z

Thank you for you note. In fact, I have experienced about this when I worked in the last company, even we paid a lot of dollar for that. Someone apply our products outlook patent when we didn't realize that, then several years later, he took us to court. I think most China company have less attention about patent.

/ Jack from CHINA tractor factory, say hello to everyone here #200  
Thank you for you note. In fact, I have experienced about this when I worked in the last company, even we paid a lot of dollar for that. Someone apply our products outlook patent when we didn't realize that, then several years later, he took us to court. I think most China company have less attention about patent.

Not to sound rude but...

I never understood the copy cat culture. I understand it saves lots of money in research and development to just copy an existing product, but is there no pride in having a product that is of your own design?