James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #11  
Exciting times indeed, looking forward to seeing some pictures.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #12  
Do you suppose we'll ever make a telescope big enough to view infinity?
Mike, here's my philosophy. God gives us the intelligence and ability to answer all questions. When we can, we will no longer exist here on Earth.

Sidebar. My 2nd cousin by marriage is one of the scientists (or whatever you call them) working on this project. She is a very intelligent, knowledgeable young woman that has spent her entire life working to this point. I would really like to visit with her about this project. But she's kinda busy.

I'm very excited about this. My expectations are realistic.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #13  
   / James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #15  
This one is supposed to be able to see far enough to see what things were like, just after the universe started up.
The universe is obviously (to me) juvenile because everything is still moving away from us. Hmmm,,, moving away from us,,,, would that make us the center? Asking for a friend.... :)

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #16  
Do you suppose we'll ever make a telescope big enough to view infinity?
I ain’t no physicist but I learned somewhere that if you look through a telescope that can see forever, you will see the back of your head.

The James Webb telescope is a tremendous effort and I sure hope it is successful.

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #17  
You will only see more CGI

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #18  
But through eternal light, the twinkling of star light
So very far away, maybe it's only yesterday...

Zager and Evans

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #19  
The universe is obviously (to me) juvenile because everything is still moving away from us. Hmmm,,, moving away from us,,,, would that make us the center? Asking for a friend.... :)

"The Universe is a giant sphere with it's center EVERYWHERE"

This holds true today. no matter the point of observation, everything else is moving away

/ James Webb Space Telescope begins historic mission #20  
So far a flap (solar panel) opened up and a receiver thing (antenna) rotated out. I sure hope the whole thing will unfold into the functioning telescope it was designed to be.

Webb's Launch GSFC/NASA

Last edited: