Buying Advice JD 1025r or 2032r or...

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #1  

bwarm

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I bought a house last year and got away with using 4 wheeler and having the neighbor clear the driveway in big storms. He is a farmer that had a 45hp New Holland with a 8' rear blower (a little out of my price range!). Now it's my turn... I have been looking at compact tractors. I have received quotes from John Deere (1025r and 2032R) and Kubota(b2650). They were relatively close but John Deere has been much more helpful through this process and actually cheaper... Here is what I will be doing with the tractor: snow blowing 1500' of driveway that is prone to drifting and loader work.
The prices have been in the $25-30k range. All packages include a cab, loader and front mounted 54" blower. The two Deere tractors are about 5k from each other. My question is; is the 6 hp difference really worth the extra 5k and Will the 1025r perform for what I need it to while blowing snow (speed and depth)? The 1025r looks really small too... I think it would be fine for loader work but I am concerned about the snow.

Any help, reviews or comments are welcome. THANKS!!!!

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #2  
You should post this on the John Deere Buying/Pricing subforum here. You'll get plenty of responses.

Also do a google search for "tractorbynet: 1025r vs. 2032r" and you'll get some links.

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #3  
I think you are leaving out the 2025 which has essentially the 1025 engine with the 2032 type frame. I have the older version - the 2302. The big difference in the tractors is that the 2 series has larger tires and has a full Category 1 three point while the 1 series has a limited Cat 1. This may be important for using some 3 point implements because the limited hitch doesn't have the full range of lift.

To me the 24 horsepower seems adequate (I have a 60" 3 point snowblower), but the 2032 will give you significantly more hydraulic flow, so your loader and other implements will operate faster. It doesn't bother me but some users need the faster operation. I think the 2 series with the larger tires is a significant advantage if you are doing much loader and dirt work.

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #4  
I would bet you are going to find a great many other things to do with the machine other then those two jobs....you have a long drive, I bet there are going to be other uses for that machine as well. Think outside this small box you have yourself in......then again you know your land better then any of us.

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #5  
Have ypo looked at Mahinda's?

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #6  
I had a John Deere 2320. This is the same model as a 2025. After 2 years I traded it for a John Deere 2720. The 2720 is the same as a 2032. The 2720 having a little bigger stance and more power than the 2320 lets me get jobs finished quicker. Used for small food plots and snow removal. I also kept my implements I used on the 2320 for the 2720.

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or...
I actually just stopped at the local Mihandra dealer. I haven't heard much about them. They seem to have a pretty good deal on a 3616 hst. What's the groups take on that brand. They are at a cheaper price point for more HP. Thanks guys!

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #8  
There is Mahindra Buying/Pricing

I have a Mahindra Max25. With about 90 hrs I've been happy with it. I looked for few years before buying. Very few complaints from anyone that I can tell.

/ JD 1025r or 2032r or... #9  
I have the 1025 that clears apprx 300' of driveway. I live 20 minutes north of Portland Maine, I bought the tractor new last year for the sole purpose of clearing snow, I had 2-3 drifts last year, and the tractor had no issues, it was great. One of the snow storms that we had last year was horrible, we go about 22-24 inches of snow then it rained for about 12 hours, that snow got compacted down to about 15-18 inches of wet heavy snow, I think that was the worst I've ever seen. This tractor did get bog down a little, I just had to go slower and it still blow the snow about 40-50 feet (yea no crap) normally blows snow over 70 feet. This tractor came with the loader which has also been helpful, (the blower is rear mounted 54 inch) I'm going to the JD tomorrow to look at getting the front snow blade, with hydraulic actuation, I think the quote I got was around 1500.00 plus 2-3 hours install time. It does not have a cab, I wish it did, but due to the cost I did not get it.... yet. Anyway I think you will be fine with the 1025. The 2000 series was not that much more money, the amenities of the extra lights, cup holders, 12 volt accessory port, etc was appealing to me. Good luck with the decision, I know its not easy, I've been there, if you have not already purchased it. I did shop around and found the JD to be the best for the sales. The others kept comparing theirs to a JD... oh well Good Luck :)