JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft -

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #21  
Same thing happened to mine. The backhoe was never off before so i had to manually move the 3pt hitch arms up and down by hand and working the lever together to get fluid pumping up into the cylinder. I have also noticed at idle RPM it will not raise but when you bump it up to 1500RPM or so it raises right up. Hope this helps.

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #22  
Same thing happened to mine. The backhoe was never off before so i had to manually move the 3pt hitch arms up and down by hand and working the lever together to get fluid pumping up into the cylinder. I have also noticed at idle RPM it will not raise but when you bump it up to 1500RPM or so it raises right up. Hope this helps.

Perhaps oil has slowly drained out of the cylinder from lack of use over the last 10 or more years? And maybe a valve or such is sticky?

I now have good reason to visit my tractor in SE Ohio. I will update this thread when I have something to add. Thanks a bunch!

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #23  
I just ordered a couple cans from greenpartstore.com for $9.19/can for my TLB, part number is TY25627.

I tried the rustoleum spray, but its definitely not the new yellow.

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #24  

I have traveled to my tractor and was able to try this method. When I moved the rock shaft armes I herd and felt a clunking about 2/3 down from the bottom of the rock shaft travel. It happens on the way up as well but not quite as loud. It happens in the same spot every time and sounds and feels the same every time. It sounds as if a part is loose and falls in the same spot striking the housing. I disconnected the controll rod that is attached to the rock shaft on one end and a lever on the other to try to isolate the sound, it still makes the sound. Is this clunking sound normal? Thank you for any help.

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #25  
I have not heard a clunk noise, or any noise for that matter, weather going up, or down. Sorry..

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #26  
Same on my tractor it does make a noise going up and down.

/ JD 110 TLB Paint color and Rockshaft - #27  
Same on my tractor it does make a noise going up and down.

I spoke with a technician at John Deere dealer today, he said it is normal. He described how the pushrod is not connected to the piston and it simply falls onto the cylinder bore when the piston is moved. This is exactly what it sounds like.

He also told me that a likely cause for the rock shaft not working is a stuck decent control valve. This is the valve between your legs when sitting on the seat. He said he has seen a few that become clogged from infrequent use. This is all hopefull news for me. I'll let you all know how this plays out. Thanks to all for the input.