JD 110 TLB price check

/ JD 110 TLB price check #1  

trekkar

Tractor
JD
Hello, I'm going to take a look at one with arond 2500 hours asking 16,500. The backhoe does not move any idea worst case scenario cost to fix?

/ JD 110 TLB price check #2  
if its in good shape sounds like a deal . 1st thing I would look at on the hoe is the quick connect hoses that power the hoe , if nothing works , outriggers boom or swing the hose is not hooked up

/ JD 110 TLB price check #3  
If you want good responses you need to enter more information. We would be guessing at best. The backhoe boom dipper doesn't move or do you mean the transmission wheels don't move?

Price condition of the machine who knows what it is worth? There are many of us with 110 experience but your post is too general.

/ JD 110 TLB price check
thanks for the replys, unfortunately this is all the info i got so far. "2005 JD 110 backhoe 2600 hours 2 quick attach WR buckets for backhoe. Backhoe doesn't move either plugged filter or needs pedal calibration. If I fix it I will ask for more for it. Nice machine tires are nice well worth the price"

So i read this as the tractor moves forward, reverse and the FEL works. I think i saw a complete backhoe for sale before for around 10k so is there anything on the tractor would cause the hoe not to move?

/ JD 110 TLB price check #5  
Backhoe doesn't move either plugged filter or needs pedal calibration. If I fix it I will ask for more for it. Nice machine tires are nice well worth the price"

Ask him how much more would he want if he fixed the tractor

/ JD 110 TLB price check #6  
From the description, it could mean many things. It could even mean that the HST trans in damaged and needs replacing. If a "filter is clogged" it would be under $100 and 15 mins to change, so that's probably not it. If the "pedals need calibration" that sounds like complete BS.

I'd guess there is a bigger problem that the seller knows will be costly, but isn't disclosing it.

/ JD 110 TLB price check #7  
sorry I read it as the hoe does not operate not the tractor

/ JD 110 TLB price check #8  
From the description,

I'd guess there is a bigger problem that the seller knows will be costly, but isn't disclosing it.

I tend to agree with TSO. If it was an easy fix he would do it to get the higher sales price.

/ JD 110 TLB price check #9  
There could be several things that would cause the tractor not to move. Putting a fuse in the 12 position on the fuse panel and then removing it will cause it to reset and need the computer reprogrammed. A bad seat switch will not allow the tractor to move. I would expect a plugged filter would not cause it to stop moving entirely. There are a few sensors that can impact the transmission and tractor movement. Other things such as a cracked bell housing are things to look for that are expensive to repair.

As a buyer if it starts and runs well, the loader and backhoe move and cycle with out excessive noise then the hydraulics should be okay. If you are in the seat and step on the forward or reverse pedals and absolutely nothing happens, no loading the engine, no noises then the repair is likely an electrical issue. If you raise it up off the ground on the bucket and stabilizers and the wheels wont move at all when you push the pedals that would strengthen the chance for an electrical issue.

I have not seen many hydro transmission failures that require a rebuild over the last ten years. Can't remember any at the moment but this may be the first one. My 110 is a 2005 and the transmission has been flawless.

Use your own judgement whether you feel comfortable gambling on this machine. If the tractor needs expensive repairs you are not saving any money. If it needs a seat switch why doesn't the owner replace it? Good luck with your decision.

/ JD 110 TLB price check #10  
The machine does not move, of the backhoe attachment does not work. Regardless, that is too much (in my area) if either of those are the case. There were 2 that just sold at auction last week here, a little beat up but in running condition that sold for 1550ish with fees.

Also make sure you check the loader and transmission housing for cracks, its a common issue with machines that were not cared for. Search on here for more info.