JD 110 TLB Purchase

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #61  
I never had an issue with the tranny and apparently either did the guy who bought it. I heard from him a couple of months ago and he was happy as a pig in...well...mud lets say. It was very well laid out and had good useable power....oh it is also about an inch narrower than the L48 too, which was important to me for raking with a 6' harley rake...and while I'm thinking of it...maybe Deere could use an actual gauge for the fuel instead of something they use on a lawn tractor...:)

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #62  
tractorman said:
Tags, where in CT are you? I thought I knew most of the equipment addicts in CT. If you're ever in the Woodbury area you should stop in!

I'm in the Danbury area and chances are if you sell equipment I've seen you or been to your place, where are you located in Woodbury...Woodbury Tractor perhaps?? My wife refers to me as an "Equipment Junkie".

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #63  
Tags said:
I never had an issue with the tranny and apparently either did the guy who bought it. I heard from him a couple of months ago and he was happy as a pig in...well...mud lets say. It was very well laid out and had good useable power....oh it is also about an inch narrower than the L48 too, which was important to me for raking with a 6' harley rake...and while I'm thinking of it...maybe Deere could use an actual gauge for the fuel instead of something they use on a lawn tractor...:)

Hey, at least it did not have the yellow seat. Tags, I went to my dealer to consider getting the 110 after I sold my L48. I was not real serious as I really needed to have something that had a removeable loader. The JD 110 was so cool. I was talking to the guy who sold me my tractor and he said it was selling really well. He had 3 on the lot in various configurations. I asked him how folks liked them and he said great except for the three who had their HST's sitting just outside the shop door. These were brand new ones from JD that were waiting to be installed in an already broken down JD 110. I can only imagine and hope that it has been addressed and they are as good as anything out there. I still really like the 110 but would probably opt for the L39 if I was in the market. What are you riding?

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #64  
_RaT_ said:
Hey, at least it did not have the yellow seat.
I still really like the 110 but would probably opt for the L39 if I was in the market. What are you riding?

Yellow seat...haha...The L39 looks sweet, I took one for a spin around the Kubota dealers lot a while ago, very nice. I am currently "riding" a BX2230 for lawn duties, a Cat 287B, a Kubota KX161-3, and a Kobelco 115SR for work...I love toys....;)

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #65  
I would love a 110. All this CT talk, Momma Bird ( mother-in law ) live in Danielson. I used to live in and around that area. Miss it sometimes, but I miss that Misquimicut Beasch more!!

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #66  
haven't had a chance to dig with a 110 yet. i am curious how it does with a 24" bucket. does it get pulled around a bit in clay? can some temporary weights be added that would help with this?
thanks in advance,

/ JD 110 TLB Purchase #67  
tractorman said:
I had always heard about how great the JD 110 is so last fall I went out and purchased one. I guess if I have to sell against another brand I want to make sure that I understand it's capabilities. We are now getting it ready for delivery to a customer. Just thought i'd share some of my observations. Steering cylinder and tie rod are in an awful place and always get smashed as do all the lines,sensors, linkages and other crap they leave exposed. On our tractor we found that all the Loader mounting frame bolts were loose, this is what I expect to find on a standard duty tractor loader but not an industrial grade machine w/ 900 hrs. This frame is nowhere near as sturdy as on a Kubota L35/39/48 or the Yanmar CBL48, nor is it integrated with the tractor as well. We removed some of the pins from the dipperstick and bucket in an effort to get all the grease fittings working, I was surprised that there were no replaceable bushings at these points. From the standpoint of operating the tractor and trying to connect the front bucket you quickly learn that the visibility stinks. As does the fact that you have to flip the seat and get off the tractor to mount the backhoe. At least it has an electric creep function to help, but a swivel seat is still more user friendly. Getting on the tractor from the right hand side is also impossible, even for a shrimpy guy like me. That's about it for negative comments. On the bright side it has a Yanmar engine and it is a really nice looking machine. Can't think of much else.

Wow, just read this thread and this post especially hit home. One of the few jobs I used my L-39 was a tight space, hilly job where I built an addition. We used the L-39 for the typical digging, loading tasks.

A landscaper friend of mine was working the same jobsite, building a big patio on the other side. He had a 1 yr old 110. We'd compare the machines over our lunch breaks for the 4-5 weeks we were there. The 110 looks about 20% bigger, but looks can be decieving.

Unfortunately, one day his machine went down. It just wouldn't start. I tossed him the keys to my L-39 and he used it for ~4 hours. After he was done he was stunned. He liked the L-39 much better. He was amazed at how much more compact & powerful it was, especially when doing loader work! I guess the GST delivers more power to the wheels???

He said he was dissappointed in the 110 and wished he'd bought an L-39. He would have saved quite a bit of money, too. On his trailer, the 110 + trailer was well over 10,000lbs, requiring him to get a CDL to trailer it.

Anyone considering a 110 oughta give an L-39 a try, unless they must have a HST. It's a more compact lighter package, but I'll be darned if it's any less capable. The 110 looks brawnier & more like a scaled-down yellow backhoe.

I'm no salesman, just an unbiased end user. Hope that makes me qualified. :)