JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #11  
John deere 110 tlb 3 point hitch installation

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #12  
Vince, I don't believe anything is built heavier on the 110. Besides the integrated loader mount, and maybe a sub frame system for connecting the backhoe, I don't think there are any differences other than the hydraulic pump. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that is what my recent reading has uncovered.

LOL, I would, but I'd need more HP. The 110 would be a step backwards unfortunately. I'd go with the Kubota M59 if I could afford it AND it had a factory cab.

The tractor is built around a fully integrated, full-sized frame that incorporates the loader and the hoe. Very substantial - you won't find anything like it on a CUT.

Best thing is to crawl around one and "see" for yourself. The 3pt was optional. So are the rear SCV's. And the top n tilt.

AKfish

If/when I replace the 110 - I'll be in the market for a M59, too.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #13  
The tractor is built around a fully integrated, full-sized frame that incorporates the loader and the hoe. Very substantial - you won't find anything like it on a CUT.

Best thing is to crawl around one and "see" for yourself. The 3pt was optional. So are the rear SCV's. And the top n tilt.

AKfish

So you are saying that the entire frame assembly is different from the rest of the 4x20 tractors? Or is it just an additional subframe that bolts to the frame to connect everything? I ask because the weight doesn't seem to be all that different from the 47 xx tractors once the backhoe is removed.

Again, I have been trying to filter through lots of different information regarding the 110's so any clarification is welcomed.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #14  
My L45 is similar to the 110, it takes me about 30 minutes from the time I start till I have it ready to attach an implement on the back. And as AKfish stated about the 110, mine has the same full frame integrated as part of the tractor loader and backhoe, no other Kubota tractor except the M59 is like that.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #15  
My L45 is similar to the 110, it takes me about 30 minutes from the time I start till I have it ready to attach an implement on the back. And as AKfish stated about the 110, mine has the same full frame integrated as part of the tractor loader and backhoe, no other Kubota tractor except the M59 is like that.
And the L39 L48 and L35

L45 has an M series Front Axle, a big plus.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #16  
So you are saying that the entire frame assembly is different from the rest of the 4x20 tractors? Or is it just an additional subframe that bolts to the frame to connect everything? I ask because the weight doesn't seem to be all that different from the 47 xx tractors once the backhoe is removed.

Again, I have been trying to filter through lots of different information regarding the 110's so any clarification is welcomed.

If you look at a Deere 4600, 4700 and 4120 these are all about 4400 to 4800 lbs in open station configuration with a fel.
The 110 is about 6000lbs with fel and 3ph in place. That leaves about 1200 lbs of extra steel for you to find on the 110.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #17  
If you look at a Deere 4600, 4700 and 4120 these are all about 4400 to 4800 lbs in open station configuration with a fel.
The 110 is about 6000lbs with fel and 3ph in place. That leaves about 1200 lbs of extra steel for you to find on the 110.

The JD 4120 is listed at 3700 lbs plus 927 for the loader (400x) = just shy of 4800, you are correct.

The JD 110 tlb is listed at 7280 including integrated loader and BH.

So, that's about 2500lb difference, but includes the BH weight. I can't find the weight of the 110 BH attachment posted anywhere, but I doubt it's only 1300 lbs! The standard JD 485 3pt backhoe available on the 4x20 tractors weighs in at a tad over 1400 ... And it's a lot less of a BH than what's on the 110.

So that leaves at most 1100 lbs of a difference...I would definitely believe there is 1100lbs of extra metal between those two BH's and the integrated subframe.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #18  
My uncle rented a 110 a few years ago for some trenching. It definitely had a unique frame underneath, unlike anything I've seen on a Deere 4-series. Same deal with the Kubota backhoes. They all have a closely related CUT sibling, but they have a true backhoe frame and usually have higher capacity hydraulics.

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #19  
I think the answer to the OP's question is no, they're not in the same class; but what does that mean? To me, having used a Kioti KB-2485, Kioti's largest backhoe on a DK-40 for a number of years, it serves it's purpose as a subframe mounted hoe designed for the tractor I own. Is it a backhoe? No, it is a tractor subframe mount backhoe.
I can't comment on the 110 to compare it's features one to one, others have done so here, and it seems their answer is it's NOT the same machine; similar but different. From what I've read here it seems to be more of a dedicated hoe, in that it incorporates more stand alone hoe features, like a bigger pump for heavier usage than a tractor subframe mounted hoe is designed to provide. Yes?

/ JD 110 tlb vs. Kioti dk40 #20  
I am looking to replace 2 or 3 tractors with one and I am looking at the larger Kubota L and M series TLBs and of course the now discontinued JD 110, The only negative I have seen is the cracked bell housing issue. Just exactly where does this occur and was it only certain years? Does it happen with abuse? When does it show up? Is it preventable with proper maintenance? Where actually should I look to see it is cracked? I have read that the repair is in excess of $5 K.