JD 14x7B seed tubes parts

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #1  

rberie62

Tractor
New Holland TN60DA
Just bought a JD 14x7 grain drill and looking for seed tubes and in general a place to find parts. Any and all help appreciated.

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #2  
I found this to be a decent company on the parts I bought from them.

Shoups.com

Been a couple of years but they had good online and did have paper catalog that was good also.

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #3  
rberie62
Welcome to TBN.
Is there a model number for the grain drill? Estimated age? Found the part number and know what it is?

Already tried the Deere dealer?

Your location might also help.

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts
E000B. Don’t know the age. Did call the local dealer they had no clue.

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #5  
More than likely since drill has 14 openers it's probably a model B. I remember assembling those model drills when I was employed by local JD dealer. Model B drills were manufactured from 1946-1972.. Burrell's in Fairview, Okla sells used drill parts 580-227-3200 or 580-227-4494

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-07 084844.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-07 084844.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 45
   / JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #6  
E000B. Don’t know the age. Did call the local dealer they had no clue.
Look very carefully on the unit. Look for most likely a silver color tag riveted on. Look along the tongue most likely but could be anywhere on the frame. IF, you cannot find the model number do an online search for JD grail drills and most likely you will find one that looks like it. Most likely the model number will be in the ad. If you are aware there are a few large sites on used tractors and equipment. JD's site name has slipped my mind, sorry.

/ JD 14x7B seed tubes parts #7  
Deere link to Grain drills

Also, google 14-7B has some hits, one being

A brochure Operator and Parts Manual for John Deere 24x6B 12x7B 14x7B End-Wheel Grain Drill
indicated there were B models that included the 14x7, so looked at the JD parts for B model. Found this link under grain drills. See reference to the 14x7 among the different parts listed. May help locate seed tubes.

And may be called "Spouts" and not tubes. Looks like knowing the year of mfg may be needed, but some part numbers given. Might chase down that rabbit hole to see what can be found.

Last edited: