JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics

/ JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics #1  

spoofrider

Tractor
Mahindra 1526 HST
I was thinking about purchasing a JD 2040. I have some questions about the rear SCV Valves. This tractor has 2 sets.
1. Are there differences in Hydraulic oil ? When it comes to older tractors and newer implements ?
2. Can the oil be mixed ? Or would it lead to contamination and or damaging one or both of them ?
3. What is the capability of this hydraulic pump ?
4. What is the hydraulic pump limitations ?
5. What are the do's and don't ? Resized_20200130_141055001.jpegScreenshot_20200131-132920_CPlus%20for%20Craigslist.jpeg

/ JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics #2  
Can the oil be mixed ? Or would it lead to contamination and or damaging one or both of them ?

Just change the hydraulic oil after purchase, and you should have nothing to fear.. as far as the mix. The pics show some need for cleaning up the dirty connectors.

More info can be gleaned from TBN on the 2040 by reading the "Similar Thread" shown below these posts. As well, using the Search function will add info to your quest.

Wish you well on the venture.

/ JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics
40 HP JD 2040
I was thinking about purchasing a JD 2040. I have some questions about the rear SCV Valves. This tractor has 2 sets.
1. Are there differences in Hydraulic oil ? When it comes to older tractors and newer implements ?
2. Can the oil be mixed ? Or would it lead to contamination and or damaging one or both of them ?
3. What is the capability of this hydraulic pump ?
4. What is the hydraulic pump limitations ?
5. What are the do's and don't ?View attachment 639490View attachment 639491

/ JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics #4  
1. Are there differences in Hydraulic oil ? When it comes to older tractors and newer implements ? Regular JD HYD fluid will do anything you need to do.
2. Can the oil be mixed ? Or would it lead to contamination and or damaging one or both of them ? I would change the fluid first, any filters and clean strainers if equipped. Then only use one fluid. But NO mixing fluid happens all the time in a pinch. Some folks use what ever they can get their hands on.
3. What is the capability of this hydraulic pump? No idea, .
4. What is the hydraulic pump limitations? I wouldn't expect it to run a HYD cutter head like on a boom mounted mower. But a log splitter or something it would run fine.
5. What are the do's and don't ?Do get a owners manual and read, Don't neglect the tractor. Drain and flush the coolant while your at it. Replace with a diesel coolant View attachment 639490View attachment 639491

Tractor data shows it came with one set of remotes. Not that it matters, having two can be handy. One remote looks to be leaking.

Yeah you're right . one came standard.Somebody added the 2nd set.I think all the couplers need to be Changed.

Thank you . This helps me out a lot.

/ JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics #7  
If your 2040 has a 3 cylinder engine is serial # below or above 266,750. Below stated SN will have open center hyd's & above stated SN will have closed center hyd's. I recommend utilizing hyd oil that meets or exceeds J20C specifications. Water in hyd system can be very,very detrimental to wet brake linings. Cracked shift lever boots is usually how water gets into trans oil. If/when you change hyd oil I suggest to check/clean hyd oil strainer screen(key 30). Hyd control valve & rear breakaways have been added as they're not OEM

Attachments

• Annotation 2019-09-16 065828.png
    Annotation 2019-09-16 065828.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 94
   / JD 2040 Rear SCV Hydraulics #8  
If you have the open center hydraulics, it will have an 11cc pump, closed center, 23cc pump.
I agree couplers, mount brackets, hoses, and valves are not OEM JD.

Any idea how many gallons per minute ?
If you have the open center hydraulics, it will have an 11cc pump, closed center, 23cc pump.
I agree couplers, mount brackets, hoses, and valves are not OEM JD.