JD 2130 Transmission

/ JD 2130 Transmission #21  
For suction screen removal after plug is removed just slide screen out the RH side of trans.

PS: be sure and drain oil first.

/ JD 2130 Transmission #22  
My bet is the brake linings are all in the screen , 2130's have a history of it :(

/ JD 2130 Transmission #23  
My bet is the brake linings are all in the screen , 2130's have a history of it :(

What's different about the brakes on a 2130 than the remainder of JD utility tractors? Moisture in hyd oil is usually what causes brake linings to fail.

/ JD 2130 Transmission #24  
2020 is the smallest JD i've had but we see far more 2130,3130 etc with brakes gone than than we did with ford 5600 or IH 784 etc when rotavating for months on end turning on the brakes every run growing potatoes . these older deeres were just more famous for it than others .

/ JD 2130 Transmission #25  
So are you stating that very few Ford or IHC tractors had brake lining failures?? I think if you'll investigate you'll discover that JD had different type brake materials than the other mentioned tractors.

/ JD 2130 Transmission #26  
Any machine will fail with the wrong or contaminated oil. Just like diesels with wet sleeves and even investment cast blocks will cavitate if old coolant lacking corrosion inhibitor is used.

/ JD 2130 Transmission
thanks everyone for the advice; the 2130 is now going well!
the suction screen for the hydraulics was the most disgusting thing I've seen for some time...I don't think it had been cleaned since the tractor was new, but all seems OK now. at least we know that it's there now, so we can give it the maintenance it deserves!
although not labelled, the hi-lo shift does work as described by you guys, so now we've got more toys to play with while driving the tractor...once again, thanks everyone for your help!