Loader JD 2240 FEL quick attach help

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #1  

jorswift

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4300, Ford Jubilee
Hello all,
I have an older 2240 with 146 loader. The bucket is pin style, but would like to convert it to quick attach to I can get some pallet forks, as I use them more. What would be the best route to covert? Thanks.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #2  
This company makes adapters custom to your loader pin configuration & there are others that do the same:

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...re)/Quick-Attach-Adapter-Plate-p/wrl-apum.htm

Alternatively you can fab one like I did using purchased plates: It was a substantial amount of fabrication work but saves a bit of money
1704377402973.png

Last edited:
   / JD 2240 FEL quick attach help
This company makes adapters custom to your loader pin configuration & there are others that do the same:

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...re)/Quick-Attach-Adapter-Plate-p/wrl-apum.htm
I've seen some of these, but was hoping a lesser expensive option.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #5  
What’s your budget. I have 2 sets and the price from the company will run you approximately $800. Just guessing. I can send link if interested when on computer. Been very happy with them zero issues and have 1 set for over 10 years

What’s your budget. I have 2 sets and the price from the company will run you approximately $800. Just guessing. I can send link if interested when on computer. Been very happy with them zero issues and have 1 set for over 10 years
I would like to keep it as cheap as possible! LOL
Sure, send the link. Thanks.

Was hoping JD made a part or could get some take offs from newer JD, but not sure if the carriage will fit.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #7  
   / JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #8  
Hello all,
I have an older 2240 with 146 loader. The bucket is pin style, but would like to convert it to quick attach to I can get some pallet forks, as I use them more. What would be the best route to covert? Thanks.
Suggest getting the forks attachment first, and then work from there. I have this for forks on my 430 FEL and like the quick attach (unlike the skid steer quick attach system). Shown in this link to jd parts.

Working backwards from the forks you pick would, I think, be easiest to fabricate what you need.

Being that you have the jd 4300 listed, maybe you already have the 430 or 420 FEL and know this already.

/ JD 2240 FEL quick attach help #9  
Suggest getting the forks attachment first, and then work from there. I have this for forks on my 430 FEL and like the quick attach (unlike the skid steer quick attach system). Shown in this link to jd parts.

Working backwards from the forks you pick would, I think, be easiest to fabricate what you need.

Being that you have the jd 4300 listed, maybe you already have the 430 or 420 FEL and know this already.

The link is to a JD quick attach pallet fork frame.
I got the impression the OP has a pin on bucket?

Yes it’s jd146 loader. Pin on style. I don’t have the jd4300 anymore.