JD 2320 advice please

/ JD 2320 advice please #1  

mcgill72143

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 3320 Cab
I ordered the 2320, 200cx FEL , and the 54D but from what I read here its (54D) tight to edge with and some are advising to go with the 62D because it sticks out farther to get in tight around trees and things....does anyone have a pic of the 54D or 62D and rear tires... I got time to change the order (a month) before it gets here....thanks guys...:thumbsup:

/ JD 2320 advice please #2  
No pictures...but the 62 is a better buy unless you have gate or door width restrictions that would prevent you from using the wider deck. You already stated the main reasons why its better:thumbsup:

/ JD 2320 advice please #3  
I have a 2320 with a 62D MMM.
I just measured mine, its 8 1/2 inches wider than the tire on the left side.
Right side would be hard to measure due to the discharge chute.
I have R4s mounted in the narrow configeration.
Assuming the mowers are centered under the tractor, the 54D would be 8 inches narrower thus would only be 4 1/2 inches outside the tire.
4 inches or so outside the tire would make it difficult to mow close to something, especially a fence or wall.
I suggest you get the 62D. I'm happy with mine and never wished it was narrower but have at times wished it was wider.

/ JD 2320 advice please
thanks guys...I'll be calling the dealer in the morning to see what the price difference is on the 62...hopefully he'll make me a deal on it...

/ JD 2320 advice please #5  
Can you envision ever using the FEL with the mower deck on? I have tried using the FEL with my 62c deck mounted and the deck gets in the way doing dirt work. Other than that the 62 deck is great for edging and the extra width gets my yard done that much faster. The best part is the 62" deck sticks out mostly on the left allowing a good 8" reach under bushes!

/ JD 2320 advice please
its a done deal....I just got off the phone with the dealer and changed to the 62D....:).....I cant see using the FEL with the deck left on because where I need the FEL would probably rip the deck off the tractor ....it doesn't take long to remove the deck and reinstall it when needed...

/ JD 2320 advice please #7  
I have an X495 with the 62C mower, and have just recently ordered a 2520 also with the 62D mower. You will be very happy you went with the 62 incher, lets you get a lot closer to things.

I also have a Yanmar YM276D, (which has been traded in on the 2520) and it has a 72" rear finishing mower. I have found that I can cut my grass (about 3.5 acres) just as fast if not faster with the mid mount 62" decks.

Enjoy your new machine, I think you have made a good choice with the 62D.

REV

/ JD 2320 advice please #8  
Your going to love your 2320, I have the same configuration you have now:thumbsup: As Kenny says unless you have a narrow gap somewhere or a gate you need to navigate tight areas the 62D is a no-brainer.

Remember to post some pics when you get yours:D

Attachments

• Deere 2320a small.jpg
    Deere 2320a small.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
   / JD 2320 advice please
thanks Joe...if its not to much to ask..do you have a pic of how far the 62D sticks out past the rear tires..?...maybe a shot from the back...thanks :thumbsup:

/ JD 2320 advice please #10  
Looks like different width for each side, hope these help....:thumbsup:
About 8" on the right (discharge flap up) and almost 11" on the left.

Attachments

• DSCN3435a.jpg
    DSCN3435a.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN3436a.jpg
    DSCN3436a.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 136