JD 2320 vs B2320

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #1  

JDinVT

Bronze Member
I was sold on green and yellow paint, but everyone I speak with tells me I should get something orange - mainly a Kubota that is orange.

See - the people that are telling me this seem to know more about tractors than I do, and make me second guess my thinking. I assume I cannot go wrong with either one, but if I needed to say why I wanted one over the other, I really could not. However, I can get the Kubota cheaper - so....why not.

Yes. I am posing this in a Kubota section, so I assume Kubota will be the advice given. Either way, I am saying money to buy one.

I have about 6 acres to work (wooded). I plan on putting in more lawn, a camping area, grading the 100 yd driveway, and mow. The advice I have been getting to date have been from BX owners. Both a JD and kubota dealer are .5 hours away from me.

Any futher advice from you guys/gals? This will be my only tractor - and I want it to last.

Thanks!
Josh

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #2  
I just made, basically, the same decision. I bought a Kubota B2320 because I felt I was getting more tractor for less money:thumbsup:

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #3  
Well I wouldn't buy either as the Kubota doesn't have position control and the John Deere only has a 2-speed transmission while Kubota has 3-speed. I would go for a Bxx30.

If I HAD to pick between the two, I would have to pick the JD 2320.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #4  
Have you read the reviews for both tractors by owners (third from right on top of web site)?
Sounds like you have a lot of work to do.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #5  
They are both fine machines. Each has something little thing on the other. If these two are the only finalists, then it is going to come down to dealer compatibility and price, pure and simple.

There are similar machines produced in two different Red, two different Blue, another Orange, it's twin in White, and so on. All these choices, yet, it will eventually come down to your tastes, and once again, dealer and price.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #7  
Talked to a buddy of mine in Virginia with ten acres. He bought a Kubota 2300 series 5 years ago and has been very impressed with the performance but he said he has pushed it to the limit. He has hills, 1/4 mile drive that he pushes snow on occasion, back hoe for projects etc. He would have stretched the budget to buy a larger unit. (We've all heard that sage advice). When we buy a machine we try to make it do more than advertised.
As a whole he is totally impressed with Kubota quality.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320
Thank you guys for the tips! :) I will have to begin wheelin' and dealin' to see how things turn out.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #9  
It would be an easy choice for me. I used to work in a corrugated factory and used a clamp truck to stack and stock rolls of paper to the corrugator. The Hyster clamp truck had a side by side forward and reverse pedal. I had that job for about two years and it's was scary when I had a 2500# roll of paper 12' in the air and catch the wrong pedal and go rev when I need to go forward. I've never had that happen with the rocker pedal, always know which way the tractor will go when I push the pedal. Yea, I could have taken the time to look at the side by side pedal to make sure I pushed the right one, but I don't have to do that with the rocker.

/ JD 2320 vs B2320 #10  
It would be an easy choice for me. I used to work in a corrugated factory and used a clamp truck to stack and stock rolls of paper to the corrugator. The Hyster clamp truck had a side by side forward and reverse pedal. I had that job for about two years and it's was scary when I had a 2500# roll of paper 12' in the air and catch the wrong pedal and go rev when I need to go forward. I've never had that happen with the rocker pedal, always know which way the tractor will go when I push the pedal. Yea, I could have taken the time to look at the side by side pedal to make sure I pushed the right one, but I don't have to do that with the rocker.

My father in put his new 425 into ten foot of water just after he bought it by hitting the wrong pedal.